2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

TTMB Gathering-Double Bayou Landing Blowout 9-25-04

6K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  Badhabit 
#1 · (Edited)
Sponsored by: Badhabit & Mont

When: Saturday, Sept. 25th

Time: Starts at 4PM

What do you need to bring? Nothing but a good attitude and a desire to kick back and have fun.

How to get there? Now that's a question ;)

Coming from Houston, take I-10 towards Louisiana (East) If you get to Florida, you have gone too far ;)

After crossing HWY 146, it's 12 miles to the exit. The exit is just past the big bridge over the river. You will hit a low, long bridge and then a huge tall one. Start looking for the exit below

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
go on through Anahuac (watch your speed). There is exactly one stop sign, right by the Dairy Queen. Go straight through it and past the elementary school. Don't make any turns. About 10 miles later, there is an intersection. Look for a big white water tower on the right. The sign will say "Double Bayou" or "Oak Island". Go straight towards the water ball, taking the "Oak Island" route.

Attachments

#6 ·
When you get to the stop sign, there is a church on the way right, and a sign directing you to the boat ramp. Go left towards the ramp, past the little store on the left, take a hard right going by the fire station and the next hard left.

Attachments

#13 ·
I am planning a night ride over to Galveston, through High Island and across the ferry to the Lone Star Bike Rally on the Strand in Galveston after the gathering. We will be leaving about dark thirty for that run, and all are welcome. It's a free ride across the ferry and it's free to get in at the rally.

#14 ·
Mont said:
I am planning a night ride over to Galveston, through High Island and across the ferry to the Lone Star Bike Rally on the Strand in Galveston after the gathering. We will be leaving about dark thirty for that run, and all are welcome. It's a free ride across the ferry and it's free to get in at the rally.
Guess that means I better not drank too much, unless your gonna leave that dammm lock at home....LMAO

Great directshuns Mont...LOL.... Pics are for the ******** with a reading problem...LOL....

Any members of the official TTMB band who can make it please post up.....

I can assure you folks, this place makes the best and biggest burger you ever saw..... And Sheril, the owner said he will give us a discount on draft beer that day, or you can bring yer own bobble....LOL

#15 ·
it's gonna be the light stuff for me all that day/evening/night homey. Tell Sheril to stock up on everything, and especially Smirnoff Black Ice. I made that whole ride today, and it's gonna be a hoot. I will be pulling out of League City at 2PM that Saturday and heading on down. If you and Rosie want to ride along, y'all are most welcome to the Tioga when we get back to League City. It's about a 140 mile ride, round trip with lots of stops for letting the blood back into yer behind. lol.

#22 ·
We'll be fishin'!

That is if the good lord is willin' and the creek don't rise! :) After all, this is a good place to launch for access to Trinity Bay and East Bay is just around the bend.

Team Stringer should be there for the gathering. I think I'm supposed to work that day but with this much advance notice, I can schedule a day or two of vacation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.