2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another thread Surfside Beach/Bridge Bait & Takcle...today. Just got back :walkingsm wrote:
Cool beans, Phins! Look for a beige F150 and a maroon tent. I will be flyin' TTMB colors above my wind sock. Looking forward to meeting you!
This reminded me, wasn't there once a plan to have some TTMB pennants/flags made? What ever happened? Were any made? If so, are any still available? I never got one.

It does seem to me that there was some debate over the appropriateness of a yellow background because of the historical nautical connotation, but who says the background has to be yellow? What are the TTMB colors? What would be wrong with the TTMB Sheepy on a Texas flag background? If the project got dropped, is there any interest in reviving it?

ON another forgotten topic: What ever happened to the "reef ball" project?

:rybka:

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
the two largest logos I can find at the moment are below. Some folks got the iron on pages for their printers and made their own. The only flag I had was lost when the company I was getting quotes from went down the tube over night. Yellow flags on a boat are quarentine flags and are usually only flown when arriving to port from overseas. The reefball project was shot down because TPWD said the bottom was too soft in the area.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mont said:
the two largest logos I can find at the moment are below. Some folks got the iron on pages for their printers and made their own. The only flag I had was lost when the company I was getting quotes from went down the tube over night. Yellow flags on a boat are quarentine flags and are usually only flown when arriving to port from overseas.
There is a lot of talent on this forum. Somebody ought to be able to come up with a larger image if asked. How big should banners, pennants or flags be? We had a big GG banner when we all got together and everybody signed it.

How large are boat flags?How big an identification pennant would be good for the beach gatherings and Walkin' Jack's escapades?

Mont said:
The reefball project was shot down because TPWD said the bottom was too soft in the area.
Dang! I was hoping to have you reef me. :)

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
When you find out what you like get me a quote I might be able to beat it ...our sister co. is in the biz
joker

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Mont said:
Phins, get me some prices for small flags with the first logo, pls.
Hey Big Guy, need to change the .com to .net.....LOL.... I did it on the one I put on my travel trailer, it's on my work puter, I'll email it to ya monday, it's also bigger and sharpened for the larger size.....

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Just a thought guys...

Shouldn't we also change the address to reflect the change of servers?

Instead of www.2coolfishing.com, shouldn't it read www.2coolfishing.net?

Whoever is going to do these, I'd personally like to have a shirt, a flag, and a couple of new sheepy stickers made up.

Kay:cool:

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
actually, both .net and .com are in use to keep us alive. All my mail is still @.com, along with lots of old pics, ect. Y'all fix it up how you like and we will be good to go. Phins did some things for SCA that are first class. Flags would be a great start for 2Cool stuff.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Cool ... er ... 2Cool ;) Gotta get us a beach flag pole so we'll be ready.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
Yeah, I'd buy a flag or 2. Get some stickers, reflective stickers, hats, etc... Hey mont, try www.cafeshops.com. You can do it all right there and you don't pay for anything until it is purchase. I've had a ton of custom stuff made there.

·
"Bring me a menu and a bucket........"
2,347 Posts
You guys are excited about this stuff. I checked out Barnacle Bill's site he uses and thought it was pretty cool. You guys might have better luck with them considering the different types of items wanted. Normally on stuff like this, you need to order a decent amount to get good pricing. However, once y'all decide on what you are going to get I'd be happy to quote it. Also, if you decide to go with the cafeshops.com I would be happy to counter quote thier price.

I have enjoyed many years of reading this board and have learned a lot about fishing and people in general and it would be my pleasure to "give" something back. So, whatever it is that you want to get made I'll do it at cost, as long as I get the approval from higher up which I don't think would be a problem.

Let me know what I can do to help.

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Phins, just get me a quote on whatever the minimum is for flags and we can go from there. You don't need to do them at cost, just make us a deal on a smallish order. I need to get my logo into your system, and things will be a lot easier. You can even stitch it, if that's easier. That would also work for hats, and one thing I have always wanted, patches to sew on.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Sew on patches would be very cool!

I'm gonna check on something and I will get back to you Mont. I'l send you a PM.

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
Another thought for a way to fly yer colors is to get your logos on a kite. Walkin Jacks got the right idea with the wind sock......could be something to fly high....could be seen from afar so fellow fishers could zero in on ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
birdnester said:
Another thought for a way to fly yer colors is to get your logos on a kite. Walkin Jacks got the right idea with the wind sock......could be something to fly high....could be seen from afar so fellow fishers could zero in on ya
I like the windsock idea, but I can't find any solid yellow windsocks that you could put a sheepy on. :(

I think a Texas flag or pennant with a TTMB sheepy would look great if you don't want to go with a solid yellow background.

(I'm not a graphic artist.)

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Hey Jaw,

That one is 2Cool! I like it!

I most definitely support the idea of having SOMETHING (anything) to fly when we're on the beach, or even a boat sized flag if we're out on the bay.

T-shirts, patches, or window stickers would be a great add on. Imagine all the conversations you could strike up in Academy or some parking lot over a "logo in common".

I look at it as a way to identify "friends I haven't met yet".

Pam

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
I sent the image over to someone

that has a sewing business. I asked about a polo style shirt with the sheepie image put on the breast pocket area. I spoke with her on the phone and she said she would make them for me about $15.00 each, now that is a guess until she looks at it but the price should be close. I'll have one made then post an image up to see if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Well you guys covered all the bases. I will chime in with I WANT ONE....................later,Dave

1 - 20 of 26 Posts