2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Trying to put son on axis doe

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Swampus 
#1 ·
I will start out quick with the fact that I can't afford an $1800 axis hunt. I was offered an axis doe hunt several years ago for $350 and passed it up cause my wife would not let me go but I think she has changed her mind with what she saw this weekend. We were in Leakey and saw a small herd of axis and she thought a throw pillow would look good so she said if I find a decently priced hunt she might let me go. Now in saying that..... I do not want to hunt them myself...I just want to tag along and watch the look on my 10yr old when he squeezes off on a beaut like an axis doe. I know some one has to cull these animals at certain times of the year and would love some info on how to get my foot in the door. Any info would be appreciated. My son is an avid hunter with a few kills to his name so it's not like I want to take him target practicing on someones herd. I included some photos of some of his deer...sorry guys I could not resist the op to brag on Jr.

TS

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #7 ·
I want every one to know how much I appreciate all of the response I have gotten on this thread....I have found out that people are really out there that would like to help a kid out..thanks everybody
BTW I live in Cove ...which is about 35 miles east of houston and travel is not a problem...I would go to the Panhandle to put my boy on an Axis doe.
TS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.