2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about the truck shortage, seems like Ford is the most affected, got that, but how is it ok to upcharge upwards of 10K over msrp? I guess since it's not a necessity item, if you'll pay, so be it. Some dealers are not, but many are. On the plus side, if you have one to trade, they want it and will pay.

·
Registered
11,956 Posts
If you have a spare vehicle, nows the time to sell. If you are buying new, take something to ease the screwing you are gonna get.

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,093 Posts
There is a lot of Fords sitting waiting for computer chips, they are scheduled to be ready in August / September. The 2022's will be coming out a few short months after. Im betting there will be huge rebates on them in late 2021 after the 22's start rolling out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ford is not the only one. Subaru is shut down on both USA and Japan. I think I got the last Forester in Houston. I got mine $500 under invoice, and I am hearing they are selling for MSRP at a minimum. When I started looking, I was looking for a 2019 that just came off of lease and they were only a couple of thousand less than new. I justified the new because I plan to go long and hand it down to my son in 5 or 6 years.

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,034 Posts
The only way to get the prices down is if people stop buying them and drive what they have a little longer. Make the manufactures and dealers feel the hurt and then the prices will drop. But if people keep financing them up to 8 years, nothing will change and the borrowers will be slaves to the lender.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Toyotas too! Local dealer had very few of any kind on the lot. In there about a month ago for oil change & salesman said they were waiting on chips then.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I talked to a sales manager the other day and his advise was if you do not really need one right now it is best to wait he thinks about 3 more months. He says right now is probably the peak of this market.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
It’s called supply and demand. I’m sure the dealer is hurting too because they’re not selling. I know several salesmen who’ve had to find a new job simply because there’s no inventory to sell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
what are you trying to purchase if superduty yes big markup do to none being out there. F-150 should sell for about sticker with the market and shortages I work for Mac Haik Ford Pasadena let me know if you have any questions

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, Mac Haik was the close to 10k upcharge, another dealer was close to 20k. When prices drop, it'll be interesting to see who decides which dealership they will respond to....

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Supply and Demand. People have a pocket of money from all the stimulus. Give 6-12 months. Things will return to more of a buyer s market at some point. Sure as heck car makers will over supply. It might just take awhile to sort out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
Last month I traded in a six month old Charger Scat Pack for 6k more than I paid for it.
Got a 21 F150 XL with STX and FX4 package.
2k off msrp on truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts