2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just an old ?
Joined
·
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove bye your house on Friday and the weather gods must have been smiling down upon you! Your house came out fine. There is virtually no debris (one small piece) in your yard. Your storeroom will be a mess as I had 6' of water under my house, so you must have had four or five feet.

You'll be able to go down there on Wednesday to check things out.

Tom Brown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,847 Posts
Tom,
Do you know if, when we go Wednesday, we can stay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,007 Posts
Thanks Tom. I have some pics from some nice neighbors that went for the look/leave. Apparently we acquired a new SeaDoo and various sections of hte neighbors fencing...? Sweet!

The inside is messed up as the ceiling collapsed inside, telling me there is some roof damage. Can't imagine how much water damage/mold/mildew that may have created. I'll go down later this week to find out. And, yes, the garage storage is totally trashed. All in all, I am happy. Could have been way worse.

Hope you fared okay, and thanks for the update!
 

·
Just an old ?
Joined
·
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kenny, MC:

I thought that I heard that you can stay only if you live behind the seawall. Water and sewer have been restored throughout most the area behind the wall, but not on the west end. There is a 6PM to 6AM curfew with a $2,000 fine if you are caught out and about. It would be a good idea to check before you plan on staying past 6PM.

There is some electricity on the west end already. Some crews told Lisa (s-dau) that Sea Isle may have electricity as early as late yesterday or today.

Jamaica Beach residents have been being let in to look since Friday. I got to look at my place Friday, but got turned back by Galveston's finest on Saturday because residents were not allowed to go to their properties. I can't wait until the next city council meeting!

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,684 Posts
from what i've heard, tom, they are strongly encouraging a "look and leave" on the west end, but if you choose to stay, they are not going to force you out. that's what leblanc said saturday.
 

·
Just an old ?
Joined
·
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
troy merrill said:
Thanks Tom. I have some pics from some nice neighbors that went for the look/leave. Apparently we acquired a new SeaDoo and various sections of hte neighbors fencing...? Sweet!

The inside is messed up as the ceiling collapsed inside, telling me there is some roof damage. Can't imagine how much water damage/mold/mildew that may have created. I'll go down later this week to find out. And, yes, the garage storage is totally trashed. All in all, I am happy. Could have been way worse.

Hope you fared okay, and thanks for the update!
Troy,

You would not believe the stench that was in my place from the refrigerator. The storerooms stink from slime and mold. I'ld like to know who owns the deck that is sitting in my yard, too.

All in all, we came out pretty well. Will have to rebuild the storerooms, get a new propane tank and run a new breaker box, but other than that, we're okay.

Tom
 

·
----------------------------------------
Joined
·
23,724 Posts
mastercylinder said:
from what i've heard, tom, they are strongly encouraging a "look and leave" on the west end, but if you choose to stay, they are not going to force you out. that's what leblanc said saturday.
Well that was sure nice of him. :rolleyes:
 

·
Just an old ?
Joined
·
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mastercylinder said:
from what i've heard, tom, they are strongly encouraging a "look and leave" on the west end, but if you choose to stay, they are not going to force you out. that's what leblanc said saturday.
MC, that sounds good to me! Of coure, Rainy isn't going to stay without all of the essentials being restored!

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,007 Posts
Galveston Yankee said:
Troy,

You would not believe the stench that was in my place from the refrigerator. The storerooms stink from slime and mold. I'ld like to know who owns the deck that is sitting in my yard, too.

All in all, we came out pretty well. Will have to rebuild the storerooms, get a new propane tank and run a new breaker box, but other than that, we're okay.

Tom
That's good to hear. I was fortunate to get my fridge unloaded and shut down ahead of time.

Going down with my contractor on Thursday, I hope, to see what he thinks. Not sure when the adjuster will get there. I was wanting to rebuild the downstairs anyway.....
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top