2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eric and I grinded out 21.24 lbs this weekend to place 6th in the tournament. Eric pulled a 7.58 pounder out of Calcasiu an hour into the tournament. He did catch the largest fish of the weekend, but his little partner couldn't come thru. The tides were higher than normal keeping us from wading the areas we prefished. As you can see from the second day leader board we were only .1 lbs out of third.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 891
  • 0 bytes Views: 876

·
Registered
467 Posts
$1200 for the weight of a glass minnow. Props to West and LaMonte - they squashed the competition. I'm probably going to choke on the filet of the 3 1/2 # fish we chose not to wieigh in on Saturday. Oh well - gotta play to win. Great fishing with you Brian.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Congrats on the finish, 3rd-6th is as close as I have ever seen. The weather was just perfect for a tournament. After three days of clouds and rain, it sure was a pleasure to see the sun come back out today.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
And whose name is that in third on the board? Congrats to both of you.

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
Good Job Guy's.
Brian you didnt happen to be using my lure did ya ?

Just be honest and say that you were

Dave

·
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, sorry Dave. I threw Topwaters about 99% of the time. With a Catch 5, Catch 2000, and Big Corky Devil sneakin in there some.

·
Registered
28 Posts
TM Lake Charles

The tides were tough. It cancelled most of the places we pre-fished. We ended up 9th after blanking out on Saturday. Not bad getting a check with 3 fish. Had a great time overall.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm new to the tournament scene

How do you get "invited" to a tournament like this. Not that I'm anywhere near a good enough fisherman to even think about trying to get into something like this I'd just like to know.

·
H3 Titanium the ultimate in rod design.
646 Posts
I did not realize that there were any guys on this board that fished TM, COOL.
Glad to be able to have the opportunity to fish with you guys.

But that Havens guy I am not real sure about him, anybody that would pull their partner out of Harrahs just to go fish in the rain can not be all that cool !

Ranger Bob

Team Ranger Bob proudly supports these fine sponsors.

·
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ranger Bob, I thought that was you. I've never met you but thought I saw "Ranger Bob" on the back of your shirt at the Saturday blast off. Havens, I wanted to take a ride in your boat, but after the close weigh-in Sunday I forgot to ask you.

Texasflyfisherman, you have to qualify for the Invitational. By fishing other Troutmaster Tournaments, placing, and the point system does the rest.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Did you guys have any problems with other guys fishing right up on top of you?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Brian- next time you see us in the boat just let me know you would like a ride and it should be no problem. The boat is owned by my fishing partner. I would also like a ride in the scooter you built, and I am certainly interested in the next size up you are working on. I think my next venture will be a very shallow performing boat that can easily be poled around quietly.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Except for one rather frustrating experience first incident Sunday, no one really bothered us - that was a competitor. If you are talking about the locals, you've got to get used to that if you fish Calcasieu. They'll troll right up to you and ask your luck - most of the time they don't mean anything by it. As soon as they drift down another 100 yards or so the bite usually returns.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wading Calcasieu

What parts of Calcasieu are you guys wading -- I fish there some and most places I know of are either too deep or too soft to reasonably wade.

Not asking specifics - just saw the HC article saying folks were wading west bay (soft) and the north end of calcasieu (deep) and I guess I'm curious as to where you can wade Calcasieu Lake.

Havens - you have mail.

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
LOL I used to love helping out on that rumor about not being wadeable a few years back, didn't make it over there that much in this past year.'

anyone here fishing the RedfishQ tourney there this weekend?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.