2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish

BFL guide Harold D. put his party of 5 on limits of reds while wading the back lakes. According Harold, "Most fish were taken on black/chart sand eel." Captain Cooper put his party on limits of trout with a nice catch of reds and black drum. They were chunking live shrimp while drifting. Captain Alan found limits of reds for his guests. Capt. Nathan reported bulls to 49-inches at the rocks with a solid day of catching. Water levels are at an all time high.

Ducks

3 groups out reported 2 to 3 ducks per man from the marsh. Inland fresh water faired better. Canvasbacks, redheads, and pintails were among the ducks taken over fresh ponds.

Online Store

Visit Bay Flats Clothing Co. today http://www.bayflatslodge.com/store/

If you're looking for the perfect gift for the hunter or fisherman on your list, check out the Bay Flats Clothing Company online store. If you are going, have been, or just want to walk the talk, bragging rights are yours with our signature clothing and memorabilia.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Chris Martin -President

www.BayFlatsLodge.com

Attachments

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Few more

Chris,I just wanted to give you some feedback regarding our "blast and cast" with Capt Allan West last weekend. Pardon the pun but we really did have a "blast". Although the conditions weren't the best for moving the ducks, Capt Allan did a great job bringing us ducks and was a great host. The fishing was as good as could be expected relative to conditions and Capt Allan was the consummate professional. I would also like to extend special thanks for the way the lodge and Capt Allan facilitated the inclusion of our six-year old grandson. He had a great time and will be able to add this to his growing list of adventures and hopefully continue to grow into a responsible sportsman. I agree with your idea that more kids need to "put away the Xbox and pick up a tackle box". Finally, you and your staff are to be complimented on a wonderful dinner at the lodge Saturday evening. It was the perfect conclusion to a wonderful day. We will be seeing you again! For your entertainment and to use as you like, I am attaching the only photos we managed to take while we were out. We got a little caught up in the excitement and pretty much forgot to take more. Best Regards, Chris, Tammy, and Matt Teague

Attachments

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Benelli Still Going-

TJ my stepson even seems to take pride in torturing his Benelli Camo SBE II, which is often found in the bottom of his boat soaked in saltwater and coated with mud. TJ reckons saltwater lubricates a Benelli just fine, although I wouldn't recommend it for any other gun I know of.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blasting & Casting

Fishing was good in the morning over soft mud & grass. Live shrimp and black chartreuse sand eels proved best. Water levels are still "super high" and possible chances of rain go up for this Tuesday. Duck hunting in the afternoon worked well especially most groups picking up half-limits of birds. Redheads, pintails, and widgeon completed the straps. The lodge welcomed in 14-guests in Sunday evening for a blasting & casting session on Monday. Reports to follow.

http://www.bayflatslodge.com/store/

Captain Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More

If you love hunting dogs, read Ducks Unlimited Outdoor Media writer Chris Jennings blog

http://ducksunlimited.wordpress.com/2009/11/23/every-dog-has-her-day/

This morning I'm sitting at George Bush International airport getting updated duck hunting and fishing reports from team Bay Flats. My wife Deb and I are heading to her home state of Iowa for Thanksgiving to visit her parents and pheasant hunt with her brothers. I want to thank Andy and Sean; customers & friends for giving us Houston Texans Football tickets on the 50-yard line. The game and tailgate party was a great beginning to a wonderful get-away. Since opening day of duck season, 3 AM alarm clocks have been the norm. Fishing has been a lot slower compared to a few days ago.

Monday morning duck hunting continued strong for BFL guides Harold Dworaczyk & David McClelland. Large flights of divers, widgeon and pintails played into the equation of shooting limits to near-limits. BFL guide TJ Christensen located pintails for his shooters.

In the afternoon groups laid down the shotguns and picked up fishing rods to complete their blast & cast sessions. Live shrimp under a popping cork assisted in full limits of drum for Bay Flats Lodge Cooper Hartman. Plum white chartreuse Norton sand eels are best choices for wade fisherman working near shell in San Antonio Bay. Live shrimp under a cork is working well for less experienced anglers; especially where the guides are anchoring up and casting to submerged reefs. Captain Alan fished a later afternoon with a group He was able to locate a decent catch for the group before heading in at dark. According to Alan, guests are experiencing a decent duck hunt Tuesday morning. The lodge welcomed 17-guests in Monday evening for a mix of blasting and casting. As Soon as I get any reports, I will share them with you.
www.BayFlatsLodge.com

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts