2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Myles Bragman
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waded the surf on thursday with my dad and a friend. Got there right as the sun was coming up. Fished mostly live shrimp. Ended the day with 9 nice trout to 22 inches and 1 spanish mackeral in about 4 hours. Threw back about 10 trout that were right at 15 inches to let them grow up a little. Hooked up on two other spanish mackeral. One looked to be about 30 inches but as he was going into the net he cut my leader. The other one i just did not get a good hook set. I love watching the spanish macks jump out of the water right when they take the bait. Nothing more beautiful than fish jumping out of water in glassy water. We could see the macks working the mullet a little under a mile off the beach. It was fun watching the mullet schools go crazy. Probably going back tomorrow morning. Good luck fishing to everyone.

p.s. - sorry no pics. the disposable camera still has 20 pictures left on it for future trips.

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Seems to be the top story this week for sure....Trout in the surf! I'll be back out there today fo' sho'. I know whatcha mean on those mackeral, I too lost a behemoth mack on Tuesday afternoon, woulda been a record for me no doubt. Thanks for the report!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts