2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Haynie HO/Merc ProXS
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We left the dock at day light for a morning wade. It was a perfect morning with a light wind, just enough to add a little ripple to the water. Started off throwing top water (Me - Crome/Black She Dog; My buddy - Black/red Head) and right off the bat I landed a 17" Trout. I headed one way down the reef and my buddy headed the other. We worked the tops real slow in water 2' to 5' deep and ended up with 7 keepers to 22 1/2". I switched to plastics and landed one 20" trout. The bite was slow throughout the morning and we lost another 5 fish on tops and plastics. We left the reef at 10am and headed for the back lakes in search of some reds. On our first drift I boated a 19" Trout in 2" of water. The skys stayed over cast until about 10:30 and then here came the storms. I was watching two storms approaching and they carried some serious lighting. We packed it up and called it quits with 9 Trout and then it was a mad dash for the ramp. The intracoastal canal looked like a drag strip with everyone running WOT racing the approaching storms. I cut through the back side of Jones and straight into the dock at FB's. My buddy jumped out, backed the trailer in and in 3 minutes we were packed up and in the truck, just in the nick of time. As we pulled out of FB's the bottom fell out. Man was that close. I hope no one got caught in it, that storm was not 2 cool for sure. Overall, another great day on the water.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think today would have been the day for lots of trout on the cleaning tables if the weather would have held up.I can handle the rain,it's that lightening that I can't stand.Sounds like yall had a good plan though.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Outstanding, ghost. Can't beat that pre-front fishing!

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,892 Posts
sounds like ya had a day like ours Ghost
but we only managed a 23''red 4 solid trout and a flounder ohh and lost a Laguna rod and chronarch combo to the drink
but once we heard thunder we were out of there loded up and then all heck broke loose ,good thing we were on the road when that happen

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
Ouch Angel , that stinks on the Rod dude , You deserve a greenie to make you feel better!!! Sorry to hear!! Maybe Jode has a loner model for the next 10 years!!

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
ANGEL said:
sounds like ya had a day like ours Ghost
but we only managed a 23''red 4 solid trout and a flounder ohh and lost a Laguna rod and chronarch combo to the drink
but once we heard thunder we were out of there loded up and then all heck broke loose ,good thing we were on the road when that happen
Ghost,
Sounds like a fun trip and glad you made it back ahead of the storm.

I have a rule about weather. The first time I notice a storm I hook'em. I used to always think, I'll watch it and leave when it's closer. That's almost always too late. If you've ever seen someone struck by lightning you would do the same.

Angel,
How in the heck did you lose the rod & reel?

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,892 Posts
I didint a buddy did
plain and simple trout slime in hands , line wraped around tip once and a hard cast and it was gone

Angel,
How in the heck did you lose the rod & reel?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
497 Posts
just ask my father about it...he was struck playing golf about 30 yrs ago. The first hint of thunder, he is gone.

kenny said:
Ghost,
Sounds like a fun trip and glad you made it back ahead of the storm.

I have a rule about weather. The first time I notice a storm I hook'em. I used to always think, I'll watch it and leave when it's closer. That's almost always too late. If you've ever seen someone struck by lightning you would do the same.

Angel,
How in the heck did you lose the rod & reel?

·
Haynie HO/Merc ProXS
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Angel, how deep was the water? For that kind of money in a rig, I would have been swimming my *** off. LOL. Water feels pretty good this time of year.

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,892 Posts
8ft of water
I was in the front of the bote and he was in the back
first few seconds I didint know what happend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts