2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They came out to do an install on my home. Broke a second story window on a double pane glass. Only the outside pane!! Right where the guy was working on the ladder. This is a remolded home with new windows. I look out this glass everyday. So i think i would notice.. Well they have been stringing me along for about 2 weeks now. I just got a certified latter that says that there is not enough evidence to support my claim. Does anybody have any advice or have any experience with this company.. Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
repair it and take them to small claims court, without a witness who know what will happen. I am sure they deny it. Or you can do like I did when someone owed me money, send a "collector"

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
the problem with this entire thing is the man doing the installation is a subcontractor for dish network. they dont actually have "inhouse" instalation so if you call teh number on your dish network bill or paper work you get some person in another city or even state. by the time they do actually "own up to it" you would be looking at several months or even years. the best bet is to dispute teh payment if you still can and the BBB is an excelent tool on your side.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got the phone with dish after an hour. They have a 30 day money back Guarentee. So i requested a disconect!!! Then things started to happen! Yes Sir.. no Sir what can we do for you Sir!!Suppose to have an answer by this afternoon or resolution. Or tomorrow i will disconect...Thanks for the advice...And your right it is all subcontracted. The guy they sent to do my install looked as if he was strait from a carnie.. Probably running the Tilt o World or something!!!

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
chickenkiller said:
...And your right it is all subcontracted. The guy they sent to do my install looked as if he was strait from a carnie.. Probably running the Tilt o World or something!!!
The guy that installed my Dish told me he still uses and prefers TW Cable. Go figure...

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
chickenkiller said:
Just got the phone with dish after an hour. They have a 30 day money back Guarentee. So i requested a disconect!!! Then things started to happen! Yes Sir.. no Sir what can we do for you Sir!!Suppose to have an answer by this afternoon or resolution. Or tomorrow i will disconect...Thanks for the advice...And your right it is all subcontracted. The guy they sent to do my install looked as if he was strait from a carnie.. Probably running the Tilt o World or something!!!
tee hee. its kinda funny how they ditch the run-around when you tell em you wanna cancel service. after about 5 years with them i don't listen to too much of the garbage before i drop the "disconnect" bomb on em and watch em scurry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts