2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday was a great day in Matagorda for my father and I. We have wanted to go on a trip with Jesse for over a year, but my dad and I were finally able to get our schedules together. We fished East Matagorda early and caught a few trout and had some monster blow ups on topwaters. In the afternoon Jesse wanted to know if we wanted to try to catch some Tripletail in West Matagorda. It only took me about a half a second to say yes. We ran over to West and ended up with two 10lbs tripletails and one 11lbs tripletail. I had another that would go 10-12 that spit the hook and we released one about 5 lbs. I will put some pictures here as soon as Jesse sends them. If anyone is looking to go out with a guide that wants to learn somthing, give Jesse a call. He was always teaching and I learned an aweful lot in one day. On top of all that he is a great person and a lot of fun to hang out with on the water. I will definitely be making this trip at least once a year. We are already planning to go with him to Baffin in March.

·
I'm Gucci. You polo.
4,138 Posts
Congrats Longhorn and to your Pops on the TT's. I second what was said @ Arsola. Went with him last year and he was a true pro. great to talk to and pick his brain. Did not go this year but maybe in feb-mar down South with him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts