2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GRAY GHOST HUNTER
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched @Broken Arrow about ten this morniing toughed it out til five p.m. caught 12 keeper crappie! All coming from 10' deep, real lit bite, ran back to 190 bridge on Kickapoo and caught the majority of our fish around timbers on the creek channel!!!! DIDNT SEE THE OLE MIGHTY RED FIN THOUGHT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO CATCH SOME MORE FISH! LOL! Great day on the water as always It has been a while!:work::work:

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Why to Go. When at first you don't succeed: improvise.
Wow do you realize how good the spring crappie fishing could be if the lower area is loaded with fish waiting to come up.
Could be one of those fabled "pre-spawn staging areas" as seen on TV. LOL <G>

·
GRAY GHOST HUNTER
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The water temp. [email protected] degrees in the open water compared to 49 back in the creek! My thoughts exactly Sunbeam when we found the fish staging that far back!That would be awesome for the spring run! Tight lines to ALL!!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I have been wondering where the Destiny has been, cold and lonely locked in the garage while her owner betrayed her in the deer stand most likely. Glad she got out and felt the water underneath her again. The Mighty Red-Finn sails today, either up White Rock or the main lake for some drifting. We'll see what she can dredge up.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I forgot to mention that on our last trip we did get skunked as far as catching any keeper crappie, but we did get to see an awesome site. Rhonda was looking back up the creek as we looked for fish right across from the boat ramp at Triple creek and called our attention to something swimming across the creek. We had been telling her and gcourville about the gators there, so that was our first thought. Then we realized it was big whitetail doe.
She stroked across the like a beaver.

·
GRAY GHOST HUNTER
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We spotted one right at waters edge as well! I have to say that appears to be some fine looking East Texas hunting in that area! Beautiful scenery thats for sure! Enjoyed the day on the DESTINY in steatlh mode! Not quite the enjoyment of chasin stripers but it works!Come on with those good reports Loy! If I cant post one soon myself Im gonna have to join Yall! Happy New Year to all!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts