2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
They started cutting back about noon today. It was at 25,800 cfs this morning. It is at 23,000 cfs and falling at 4PM Nov. 17th. That still a lot of water but looking up stream as far as Ennis it appears that the flow is evening out between slugs. I would guess-ta-mate the flow will be near 10,000 cfs by this time next week.
Adventurous souls with big boats and good anchor could possibly fish next Saturday. All this barring any big rain maker up stream. None on the radar at this time but this is Texas after all.
Get ready SS, MDL,rasor, db you do up next inning.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,910 Posts
That water is still very off color flowing downstream. Went over the bridge today and the river is definitely not fishable for sight feeders, IMO....but as you say its dropping and that is encouraging.

In addition to dropping flow, I'd like to see the visibility increase some for those sight feeders.

I may make a run in the river upstream Friday above the lake. I'm thinking if one can find some reasonably clear water flowing into the river, they could find some fish. Meanwhile, its crappie time!!

·
12,595 Posts
The lake water appears discolored(muddy) from end to end and top to bottom. The water coming though the gates is being draw about 32 ft deep.
If 1972 flood is any example the lake could stay "stained" way in to spring. The winter white bass run was a near catastrophe.
I wasn't here during the great 1990 flood. Maybe SS or GG can remember how long it took to clear up. That also was a Sept. flood if I recall what I read.
Sitting on a crappie hole with an eight foot buggy whip ain't no bad way to wait for the river to go down.

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
I remember that it was so muddy for so long about all I did was saltwater fish after the 90 flood.
When it did clear up the white bass were awesome below the dam all summer.

·
12,595 Posts
As of 8 AM Wed 11-18 the flow is 21,700 cfs and steady. The average max flow in the river up to Oakwood is 21,100 cfs.
For the first time in over 6 weeks there is more water in the river from the dam to Wallisville than there is in the River from Hyway 19 to South Dallas. Still looking good for a early Dec. date to get things back to normal in the tail race. No body do any thing foolish like a rain dance or over paying the peacher. The Trinity basin can do just find with out any rain the first few months of winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts