2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks this report will be mainly on water conditions I found on the grand tour of Trinity Bay Wednesday, because I sure did not find the fish. Launched out of Thompson's around 6:15 A. M. and when I rounded Houston Point I found the weatherman to be right for once. I headed for the Trinity Reef just pass Umbrella Point and ran across a huge flock of birds working. I stopped and threw soft plastic but nothing was interested. Then I realized what was happening. Menhaden were driving small shrimp to the top, not any of the big three. The water was full of the Menhaden. I actually caught one of the soft plastic and but him away for safekeeping. The water there was off color and visibility was to 8 inches. Moved on to Trinity Reef and found the same water conditions. Caught one Trout. Moved on to Jacks Pocket and the water conditions got worse, so I moved on to the North Trinity Bay Wells. The water condition there was fairly good, with the water being Green and the visibility to15 inches. Caught to large Sting-Rays there on a free shrimp line. Moved on to the yellow separator and found the water about the same as the North Trinity Bay Wells. Nothing doing there. It was about 11:15 now and time for me to get off the water and head for the Dairy Queen in Baytown. Until Next time, take care. BYE-----------Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts