2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most already know the fresh water is pouring out of the river into the bay. Who knows when Trinity Bay will get back to normal. As for now, lots of Hydrilla out in the bay, here's a few shots from the end of Atkinson Island, as far from the river as you can get and still be in Trinity Bay.

Clumps of Hydrilla everywhere as far back up the bay as you can see....it really gets thick if you head up into the bay.

Hydrilla washing up on the shoreline of Atkinson's Island....

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
yup

I was out there yesterday and out in fron of Dow's and Beazleys it was as thick as I have ever seen it. Dont remember it being this bad even after Allison. Boaters beware, amongst all this stuff I passed several 12-16" diameter logs that would wreck havoc on a hull. Lots of 2X4's and other junk too. Its nasty, but was a beautiful day for a boat ride. We ended up in Clear Lake, docked in Kemah for lunch and a nice ride back up the channel to the ramp. Should be a great Fall if it quits soon. Thanks for the pics. I got some too but dont have em with me.

Z

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Just so ya know, the plant you're taking pictures of is Water Hyacinth. But that's an awful lot of it as far out as Atkinson. Can't say I've seen it that far out before. It's actually good to see it getting flushed out into the bay as salt is about the only thing that will kill it, and it's an invasive species that has been killing off our marsh. Keeps the marsh ponds from being completely covered in it come duck season.

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just an ol salt water boy, not trying to be vegetationally correct (but thanks for setting me straight).....all I know is that stuff don't belong in the bay :D

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
It was coming down the ship channel across from Eagle Point today, so I guess it's making it's way out. Ditto on the logs, had a monster float by us today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts