2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to make the run july 4th weekend via the intercoastal for the first time. Looks pretty straight forward on maps and I estimate its about a 4 hr run at an average of 30 mph. Anyone that's made the run have any advice or what to watch for (besides the fuel bill)? Going in a Century 2300 CC, top end speed of 45 mph.

thanks

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I've made that run coming the other way, from Sabine to Port O'Connor, then from there to Brownsville.
It's easy from here to Lake Charles.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
i've made that run a few times (galveston to barataria/grand isle). it's pretty straight forward, but be careful on the sabine river stretch. there are a couple of jogs that can easily be over-looked.

i'm not sure that you can average 30mph. there is a lot of traffic on the intercoastal, and you must crawl through some sections so that you don't throw any wake.

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Trip

Made the trip several times from Galveston to Sabine Jetties. It's 2hrs at 45mph and I'm not sure of what sections that are "no wake", I know there are none between Galveston and Sabine. You should be able to make in less than 4 hours. Also be aware of your fuel because the last time I was that way there were no on the the fuel stops on the water in Sabine. Gater

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies, have to postpone the trip for a couple of weeks. The channel is now closed south of Mosses Lake due to the oil spill, but I will post the recap of the trip when it happens.

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
Ditto on the time and distance , everyone has stated. If you need gas in the Sabine area, The pumps at Pleasure island is up and running , and Card activated. You will have to venture into lake to get there . You can get there By Causeway side of lake or North end.. I recently talked to the lady who runs it, for some of the Kemah Tourney guys a couple of weeks back..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.