2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to wade fish to the Spillway but dont know if McCollum park is closed to the public. I heard it was closed but wanted a second opinion so info would greatly be appericiated.

·
Male Hooker
1,834 Posts
Yes its closed for now but will reopen soon. They are planning on biulding a nice walk way to get to the water.

·
Registered
88 Posts
YES it is closed and all fenced off so no one can get to the water. I don't know about "opening soon" as posted. They have not started doing anything yet, and when I talked to a county mtce person he told me there was not even a schedule stated on it yet. Hope it is soon though

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks my cousin just made it in from Germany today and we were thinking about wading to the spillway.That is his favorite spot this time of year.... I guess we will have to wade somewhere else.

·
Registered
177 Posts
YES it is closed and all fenced off so no one can get to the water. I don't know about "opening soon" as posted. They have not started doing anything yet, and when I talked to a county mtce person he told me there was not even a schedule stated on it yet. Hope it is soon though
No plan/schedule means NO MONEY for the project!!!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
u can still fish the spillway.. u can park in the grass off the road by the far driveway and walk the road. when it splits off go to the right and walk down to the water.. the fence is gone and there is no no tresspassing signs. been going 2 times a week at night and doing pretty good..

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
How hard to get a yak down to the water? I used to drag my yak down the dirt path at south side of the park. That was tough getting it back up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts