2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought I would checkout Trinity Bay Monday and see what kind of shape all this rain had left it in. Launched out of Thompson's around 6:45 A. M. and headed for the North Trinity Bay Wells. When I rounded Houston Point I new it was going to be a long 10 wet, rough miles, since the wind was strong out of the Southwest. I decide to head for the Yellow Separator instead only a 4 wet, rough mile ride. Anchored behind my favorite well so as to protect me from the large swells. Put out a free Shrimp line and started casting with soft plastic at the other end of the boat. The water was off color and the visibility was to 8 inches. Surprisingly, I caught 3 Trout on the soft plastic and 3 on the free line. None made the 15 and 1/2 inches I require before I put them on ice. I also caught quite a few Sand Trout, Croakers and Gaff-top with the free line. Got rained on three times and when the four time started about 11: A. M. I decide it was time to head for a What-A-Burger and Malt. Until next time, take care. BYE-------------Tom

·
www.ultimateflounderfishi ng.com
149 Posts
Good going Pro Hooker. Way to tough it out through the rain. It seems as if the nice size trout bite has slowed a bit in Trinity. Does anyone no if this is normal for this time of year. This is really the first year I plan to really fish Trinity by boat and was wandering if people have had luck at certain times of the year in the Trinity Bay system.....

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Trinity is typically good for big trout in the winter and spring, typically in the summer you get alot of dinks with a few 16-18' thrown in to keep and maybe an occasional 20"+, at least that is the way it usually works for me, we throw back about 8-10 for every one we keep. but there are always reds around cruising the flats.

REDFISH STALKER said:
Good going Pro Hooker. Way to tough it out through the rain. It seems as if the nice size trout bite has slowed a bit in Trinity. Does anyone no if this is normal for this time of year. This is really the first year I plan to really fish Trinity by boat and was wandering if people have had luck at certain times of the year in the Trinity Bay system.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.