2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried everything. I have a 87 88hp johnson, and the trim motor will not work. I have tried changing the relays, checked the switch, checked all of the connections ect. How can I tell if it is my trim motor or somthing else? The only two wires that go into the motar are the green and blue, when I try to apply power to them directly still nothing.

There is also 2 black wires that go to it looks like some sort of limit switch back there by the trim motor. Any help would be great, this is puzzling the hell out of me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The two little wires are for the trim gauge[useless, put a volt meter there]. the two big green and blue are the trim motor . Sorry, you need a new trim motor

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you put power directly to the blue or green (with the other getting a ground) then trim motor should work?

brokemotor said:
The two little wires are for the trim gauge[useless, put a volt meter there]. the two big green and blue are the trim motor . Sorry, you need a new trim motor

·
Registered
305 Posts
The pin is a problem most of the time. but a little tip,[ For 2 coolers only] Loosen the manual release screw on the starboard side bracket to raise motor and turn to starboard to remove weight from port side bracket. Remove it and you have access to the three screws. Best to use a lift or risk bending the tilt tube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts