2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed about half way through my trip saturday the trim gauge was not functioning. This is on a bluewave 22 superT with 150 yami. I was wondering if anyone knew where this sensor was? If this is a common problem? Or what can I do to fix this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just had a similar problem with my 115 Yamaha. Look on the tube around your steering cable in between the brackets holding the motor to the transom. There should be a plastic ring around the tube with a little arm sticking out (trim sender cam). A movable arm (trim sender) attached to the bottom of the power head rides on this arm and sends a signal to your gauge. On my motor the cam had broken. A new one from Ron Hoover was less than $3.00 and only required one screw to replace. Hope this helps.

·
15,098 Posts
bioteacher said:
Just had a similar problem with my 115 Yamaha. Look on the tube around your steering cable in between the brackets holding the motor to the transom. There should be a plastic ring around the tube with a little arm sticking out (trim sender cam). A movable arm (trim sender) attached to the bottom of the power head rides on this arm and sends a signal to your gauge. On my motor the cam had broken. A new one from Ron Hoover was less than $3.00 and only required one screw to replace. Hope this helps.
Exactly.
Had the same problem..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts