2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my nine year old out today to do a little pre-fishing for the up coming TRIGGER tournament and to try and put him on a few Kings and Snapper. Well they didn't let us down!! We fished 40 out of Freeport and made a couple stops before we finally found them. once we got on them it was non stop. My son had a 25# King right off the bat and then I followed up with one that pulled my scale to 38#. We fished this same spot for about 2 1/2 hours and ended up with our 3 man limit of small snapper and some nice kings. Left this spot and headed to a shrimper to find several small ling and some bonita. Let my son catch his first ling and his first bonita then called it a day. Back at ICM by 2:30pm. Per my son I cant report on the trigger fishing until after the tournament....LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ahh! What A Great Fisherman Your Son Is Allready! He Knows To Not Tell Until The Actions Over With! Sounds Like Yall Had Agreat Day Together!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm glad you posted some pics of your trip. It was good seeing you at the dock. Next time maybe schedules to allow us a trip out.

Greenie for sharing fun with kids.

Victor

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
WTG Mike! It sure looks like you and your son has a great time!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks like a great day! Be sure and ask Dan how his back is feeling in the morning -- he got into a fight with a 53lb AJ. I used my new avet to jig up a nice grouper and we caught all of our snapper with them - they are great rigs. Glad you and Matt had a good day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts