2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed to palacios july 14-17 for my gfs grandmas b day.gonna take the boat and take some of my future in laws fishin.anybody have any pointers for that area?gotta look good for the future inlaws:biggrin:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ok

Well depending on how many people you have in the boat I would stay around town. Wind usually limits you from crossing the bay in a small boat. Besides I think the smaller bays around town may be less crowded. I do not know the boundaries of the POCO Bueno but I think you can find water with less pressure than the south shoreline of West Matty. So stay around the **** Island area, you you might find a few fish.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Good luck. My FIL lives on the Tres Palacios river six miles upriver from the bay. In the fall and spring the redfish are good in the weeds at the mouth of the river on the north and east shorelines. Haven't found it good any other time though. The birds will work the schoolies out in front of the Baptist camp. There is a sunken barge and numerous wellheads in the bay a mile or two from the public ramp that sometimes holds trout or you can try in Oyster Lake for some reds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts