2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a couple of photos i took that i chose not to enter into the contest.

in this first image there was a distinct difference when i lightened the photo (post processing), but i far preferred the darker ambience that comes through, so left it au natural here.

this second image, shows a classic problem i had with ALL the tree photos i took. other, extraneous rubbish in the viewfinder no matter what angle/perspective i used. i think the only way for me to get a solitary tree image that i wanted, was to leave Auckland and travel way out into the whopwhops, and even then i'd be tied up with having hedges in the backgrounds.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Well I for one really like them as they are. I think I like #1 the most but #2 is equally as appealing in its own way. Now as for the whopwhops...I think I found a new word for my vocabulary:) Thanks for sharing both the photos and the language lesson.

·
Look in the inside of a person for love
861 Posts
I like the second one..... Just pretty in my eyes with the yellow leaves....sure wished those trees could talk....bet they could tell some stories....

·
richg99
6,899 Posts
Whop-Whops??? I LOVE it. Every day I learn something on this site. Today is was an Auklander Language Lesson! I, too, will try to put that one into my vocabulary someplace.

Now, as to the photos,...yep... background(s) sometimes make or break any picture.

With regards to the first one. I see what you mean by the "feel" of a rainy, dreary day photo. I wonder if, when you can't sleep some night next week, you could add one of those "see through" frames; take a picture of some rain drops on a window...and somehow merge the background ( your picture) the foreground ( the rain-drops) and the frame all in one???

Just thought I'd give you food for thought...and a project for quiet time..

It is raining/thundering/lightening here. I can't go try to catch a muskie; pike; or bass. So, you are stuck with my ramblings....

regards, Rich

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Execelent shots Karen. I like them both. But I would be tempted to do a little playing around with the first one. But you know how I am. If these are your teasers for what you plan on entering in the contest, I am gonna love to see your entry.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
I really like the leaves on the ground below the yellow tree. Almost as though placed there in order. This picture enlarged would be great

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jack, if you want to play, go ahead. i'm always interested in your tinkerings and results. :) i tend to learn something every time you put up a revised image. :)

can't believe you people haven't heard of the whopwhops before.

you've all woken my muse up. thanks for that. :)

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Koru said:
Jack, if you want to play, go ahead. i'm always interested in your tinkerings and results. :) i tend to learn something every time you put up a revised image. :)

can't believe you people haven't heard of the whopwhops before.

you've all woken my muse up. thanks for that. :)
OK, I will bite. Define whopwhops. I tried to find it on the net. Saw lots of people taking about whopwhops, but no definiton.

Please tell me. What are whopwhops?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts