2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me where to get travel trailer tires been to discount dont want the high pressure sales pitch or expense
thanks Gene

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
can someone tell me where to get travel trailer tires been to discount dont want the high pressure sales pitch or expense
thanks Gene
I got mine from Discount, Transmasters 235 / 80 R16. I go to Discount because they're the cheapest around here and the service is good. I'd do some shopping on the i-net. Find what you want, get a price from a local competitor, then go to discount with that price and let them beat it. You can save a few bucks that way. I paid about $200 a tire (that's with tax, road hazard, etc). Trailer tires ain't cheap.

·
The Ole Reprobate
796 Posts
Got mine from Discount in Victoria. After getting a price from Sam's , I told them at Discount what price I had and they beat it. They ordered my Maxxis tires , 1st set came in and were over two years old. I refused them and they sent another set that was only 4 months old. I will not put anything made in China on my trailer.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
High pressure sales pitch at Discount? Wow, that is a new one. I only deal with Discount when it comes to tires and I have always found them to be pretty straight up with no catches, gimmicks etc. And as mentioned by everyone else they will do their dangedest to beat anyone else's price.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Maxxis has been getting good reviews on a lot of the RV forums. I went with BFG Commercial on our 5th wheel because I wanted a LT tire. We buy all our tires from Discount.

·
Registered
752 Posts
what ever you do get good trailer tires,there is nothing like having a blow out on the freeway,and if your pulling a travel trailer you could incure alot of damage also.

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
what ever you do get good trailer tires,there is nothing like having a blow out on the freeway,and if your pulling a travel trailer you could incure alot of damage also.
X2 I'm switching to load range "E" (tire of blowing tires on a triple axle trailer)

·
15,099 Posts
I have two sets of Maxxis, load range E's for my camper and Load range C for my boat. They are cream of the crop for trailers of any kind......

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I've had good luck with Maxxis. That's what came on my TT and they lasted a while. You can buy them online, but I special ordered mine from Firestone (up by Greenspoint) and got a good price. Ask for Kerry. He also carries a couple of other brands. Stay away from Carlisle.

DO NOT put truck or car tires on your trailer. My dad used to be in auto safety and I remember that being a big no-no. LT rated tires can handle the necessary sidewall flexing.

My biggest problem finding trailer tires was in getting them in the right size, since my tires were not standard.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
DO NOT put truck or car tires on your trailer. My dad used to be in auto safety and I remember that being a big no-no. LT rated tires can handle the necessary sidewall flexing.
Brother in law blew out a couple of tires on his camper on the way up to the river last year. Went to Discount and bought a couple of car / truck tires. I agree with you and wondering how long they'll last. His camper is only about 5k pounds. My camper closer to 10k and I wouldn't think of doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts