2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't decide between a 22 transport or 22 triton. Looking for some input from my fellow 2coolers. Any info will be appreciated. Wishing all A big trout for Christmas. -SM

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
I chose the Jack over the Triton for an all purpose boat....the Tran would be perfect for skinnier water....Gonna beat you on a wind switch or rough water if you have to run very far....

·
Registered
377 Posts
you gota decide if you wana be cookie cutter or custom. custom = TRAN cookie cutter = triton.

·
Banned
287 Posts
What tran model will beat you in rough water? They make boats that are just as good riding as a triton or BJ. Its called an XLR8.
I chose the Jack over the Triton for an all purpose boat....the Tran would be perfect for skinnier water....Gonna beat you on a wind switch or rough water if you have to run very far....

·
www.crittergitters.net
1,896 Posts
I have a 22 SE and LOVE IT!!!!!!! It DOES NOT beat you.I have takin mine 50 miles offshore. Runs skinny and SMOOTH.It has the cathedral Hull like the whaler and Gulf Coast.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Gee, think there are a few trans owners here? I have a Triton 22lts. They are great for bobbin around at the end of the jetty. Not great up shallow and heavy when you find the sand. It will run shallow but needs quite a bit of water to get up on plane. Don't get one if you plan to run shallow a lot. Having said that I've been in some bad water with mine and the boat has always performed well.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts