2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 21 foot dargel fisherman tunnel that the transom is all but completely failed. I do not have the room available to do the work myself so I have to go with a professional. The first quote I got seemed ungodly high so I was wondering what the price range for that kind of work normally is. I really would not like to spend more on a repair than I did on the boat.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Have u looked into the injectable epoxy? Ive read of transom repairs by drilling horizontal holes and injecting epoxy into them

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had our transom done 2 years ago at Cougar Marine. The shop is located in San Benito (RGV). Can't remember exact cost. Price was probably around 3k. Although I did get a new rub rail and touch ups around the boat also. Boat's a dargel skout. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It’s case by case of course, depending on extend of damage, but I think $1500-3K is an average Transom repair cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would be happy to give a second estimate. 361-429-8162
Understand that resin prices have doubled in six months and lumber prices have tripled. What was $1500 last year is now $2000. Labor did not go up. Materials did.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have u looked into the injectable epoxy? Ive read of transom repairs by drilling horizontal holes and injecting epoxy into them
Look into seacast, did my offshore boat 12 years ago and solid as a rock-would not be nears as difficult on your transom type and probably coat less than $500 if you can do it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts