2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ITS JUST NEVER EASY
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dad has a bunch of old fishing tapes that are all on vhs and other types of tapes. so my question is how can i transfer them to a dvd? is there a place or someone i should talk to that can handle this? thanks for the help!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I bought a dvd player/vhs player that copies VHS to DVD with push of one button for less than $150 at best buy several years ago just for this purpose.

·
Cloudy with a bit of drizzle
435 Posts
Yes, that would be a best bet. Get a DVD-recorder/VHS combo that copies from VHS to DVD with the push of a button. Will save a lot of $$.
We got one for less than $150.00 as well.

·
Still trying to figure it all out
10,501 Posts
The DVD/VHS combos work great. BUT, I found that a few of my older tapes could not be played on the newer machine with the automatic tracking (like me, most of my tapes are antiques). I thought that my camcorder VHS movies were lost forever, then I dragged out an old VHS machine with adjustable tracking control and was able to record them to DVD. So if you find some sentimental tapes that the newer machine is unable to play, don't give up - beg or borrow an older VHS machine and try it.

·
ITS JUST NEVER EASY
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
COOL!! thanks for the help. gonna see about tranfering all of them for him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts