2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m starting to look at upgrading my boat. I current run a Tran Cat 180V with a 150TRP. This boat has been awesome but I’m ready to upgrade. Since I want a bigger boat my first though is the 22’ tran cat, however I recently started looking at the Outlaw 23. I think the Outlaw will preform a bit better in rough water and with turning. I also think both will run skinny enough. My concern is with taking off in shallow water. I know the Outlaw has a pocket tunnel but am thinking it will not do as well as the tran cat. Does anyone has in real world experience with both?
With either boat I think I would put on another TRP so maybe in the end this will be a non-issue but would still love to hear what other people’s experience has been.

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
888 Posts
Outlaw will jump shallower than Tran by a little. The Outlaw handles better through turns, so much so that it’s not even comparable. The Tran slides; the outlaw turns like Ferrari.
Ride is going to be comparable with the Outlaw possibly edging out the Tran just because of length. Tran is a heavier boat but length always helps.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Outlaw will jump shallower than Tran by a little. The Outlaw handles better through turns, so much so that it’s not even comparable. The Tran slides; the outlaw turns like Ferrari.
Ride is going to be comparable with the Outlaw possibly edging out the Tran just because of length. Tran is a heavier boat but length always helps.
My 200SVT didn’t slide one bit in turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
Power tech OFS. Trim down and trim tabs down a bit no slide at all. Mine would actually lean like a v bottom on turns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
كافر, ملحد, كفري, غير نصراني
384 Posts
Outlaw all the way

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,559 Posts
The two 240s I have messed with had to be tucked, tabbed and starting to squat to turn well. At 20+ they slid no matter what I did. The JH will hug a turn like my Magnum at 30 mph.
Know nothing about the JH except I ran a 240 JH for a lot of years. I know what my 24' SVT will do though.

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
888 Posts
Know nothing about the JH except I ran a 240 JH for a lot of years. I know what my 24' SVT will do though.
Does the prop cup make that much difference on the SVT? I’m not calling you a liar at all, just don’t know enough about the hydrodynamics of that hull to know what makes em turn at higher speed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the prop cup make that much difference on the SVT? I’m not calling you a liar at all, just don’t know enough about the hydrodynamics of that hull to know what makes em turn at higher speed.
I will swear that a cupped prop makes them turn way better but it still will slide around, It grips in the water better it seems

1 - 17 of 17 Posts