2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Trailer Work #@&$#@!!!

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Anthony 
#1 ·
Spent a couple of days replacing rusted parts. Lots of cussing goin' on. Some came off willingly, others not without a fight.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Using a torch

I used a torch on the spring/axle Ubolts because I replaced the tie plate, but I didn't want to use a torch on the other bolts because I didn't want to rish blistering / burning off the galvanized coating on the trailer frame.

#9 ·
I broke a spring last month. Took out a tire, and almost messed up my fender. Your springs definitely look to have been due for a change out. Funny thing I took care of the springs with oil and grease, and there was little little rust. Four years was to much service time on them. Thinking of going to a torsion spring axle next year.

#10 ·
I bought a used boat from Superstore had a bad spring all tilted over and forlorn. Paid and left. Came backwith my helper , Cranked the front down, put some jackstands under the back. Cranked the front back up Lifted the wheels up fired up my compressor and pulled the wheels and used the cuttoff wheel on the diegrinder to cut the bolts.Swapped enverything and while I was doing that , my helper hit the boat with some wd40.

Pulled out of the parking lot with a great looking boat. ****ed off salesmen could of got more $

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.