2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called all over trying to get a set of 4 Goodyear Marathons and have not had any luck. Discounttire told me that Goodyear has a national backorder on the tires and it will be 4-8 weeks before they could get them for me, but I need to to get a set put on by next Friday.

I've found a set of Cooper's which are the same price as the Marathons. Any feedback on Cooper trailer tires? If I can't find any other good tires Ill just replace them with another set of Carlisles (which I have not had any problems with at all, but I might have just been lucky).

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
Zach, my new RV came with Greenballs on them, and while I only have about a thousand miles on them, I do like them. From what I hear, they are very comparable to the Marathons.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Mont. The guy at Discount tire said they were comprable to the Marathons and they have had really good luck with them. I might try them out.

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
I'd ask on www.rv.net those guys pull (heavy) on all kinds of tires and have opinions like no other site I've ever seen.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Marathons

Carlisles seem to have a problem in the heat. You could ask a friend of mine about the time his Carlisle failed halfway up the Galveston Causeway...

I have used Goodyear Marathons for 3 years and have had zero problems. You'll love the difference that running trailer radials makes in the ride comfort of the tow vehicle. Give the online discounter a try: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Marathon+Radial

I recently got six new Marathons from Tire Rack for my Go Fast trailer; ordered Wednesday, tires were on my doorstep on Friday (shipped from Shreveport to Houston) Sears installed and balanced them for $16 each. That's about a 30-dollar per tire savings from the retail stores.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Zach H said:
Discounttire told me that Goodyear has a national backorder on the tires and it will be 4-8 weeks before they could get them for me
I've got Marathons on my travel trailer, and no problems as of yet BTW. Hope I don't have a blow out anytime soon. Maybe I ought to order an extra rim and tire to throw in the storage in case I lose more than one if the wait is that long.

·
Registered
252 Posts
savage said:
Give the online discounter a try: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Marathon+Radial

I recently got six new Marathons from Tire Rack for my Go Fast trailer; ordered Wednesday, tires were on my doorstep on Friday (shipped from Shreveport to Houston) Sears installed and balanced them for $16 each. That's about a 30-dollar per tire savings from the retail stores.
That was less than one month ago. There wasn't any backorder problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the Greenball's from Discount tire.

Savage- tirerack.com looks like they have some good deals, but I'd just rather get the tires from a national chain (that has local stores). It will be much easier to return a tire if I have any problems.

Former HR - Discount tire told me there were only 2 Marathons (205/75/14) with in 250 miles. I never thought of having to wait to get tires before, until now. I'm going to go ahead and throw 2 spare tires/rims on the trailer now, and will hopefully avoid possibly having to wait for a tire in the future.

·
dedicated fire poker
1,014 Posts
Yuch...Marathons...

I've had no good luck with Marathons and after the umpteenth set I went to Cooper. They were the highest load 15" trailer tire I could find around here. SO far so good. (knocking on wood now) On the RV trailer they are running near max. On the flatbed car hauler, about 75% up to max load capacity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts