2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, the trailer under my Kenner Vision is shot to the point where I'm skeered to go very far. That pretty well defeats to purpose of the trailer, don't ya think? The dealer I bought the boat from is defunct and I've never replaced one before. I've been chasing trailer manufacturers all over the web and know less now than when I started. From an earlier thread Coastline seems to be hot, but they have zero web presence. Suggestions?

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cru, I poked around on their site and they sound pretty impressive. Now if they just were located in South Texas instead of stinking Florida.

·
Gig Em! '94
1,388 Posts
There is a dealer here that my buddy Glenn Cook used caled "Bluewater Trailers". They drive to Florida and pick up several trailers at once and bring them back to Clear Lake. Most of the pros on the SKA circuit use Loadmasters because they can handle the thousands of interstate miles every year. Loadmaster has a computer program with the hull specs already loaded, so the trailer is custom for your boat. If you pm Glenn, he can get their phone # off his trailer for you.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Texsun in Seabrook builds a nice trailer. I wish I had spent a little extra to by one of theirs instead of the Instigator brand I bought. I saw your thread and thought it had something to do with Instigator trailers from Tomball.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nextrail is the lowest price trailer that I have found. I know of several people with there trailers, and we have one under my brothers 31 foot Hydrasport. They are located in Florida, but will deliver. I am in the process of buying a trailer right now of similar size to yours probably. It is for a 22' Hydrasport. I decided on Sportsman over Nextrail for no big reason other than they are local and the price Anderson Marine gave me was within a few hundred dolars. An alluminum trailer with torsion suspension, all stainless hardware, 14" wheels, bolt on spindels, spare tire w/ spindel mount, LCD Lights, and trailer quides is running me about $3,500.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Cru said:
Loadmasters rule. I will get one when it comes time to replace my EZ Loader.
http://www.1stcoasttrailers.com/tandemaxleboattrailers.html
Loadmaster has my vote. Give Steve at East Coast Trailers a call. One of the nicest guys you'll talk to, and he beats most everyone price. When the day comes to upgrade the boat I will buy another trailer through him, period. Be sure to get the stainless hardware upgrade and stainless disc brakes, you'll be glad you did. Tell him Victor Gostomski said hello.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=74165&posts=1

Victor

·
The Jammer
3,594 Posts
Sorry but I can't recommend McLain. I've had two of theirs- one on my pathfinder, and one on my scout. A broken axle on each of them, and one busted main gear at the crank. They were a bit snotty to deal with also. They really made me feel like they were doing me a favor to fix their darn trailer.

I've been extremely happy with my Texsun trailer.

THE JAMMER

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
call McClain trailers in Houston, drag your boat over there and they'll build you a custom aluminum trailer for a great price!

·
Old ******
4,519 Posts
The "snotty" part of McClain trailers is now gone. He left about 4 months ago.
I just purchased a new one from them. Torsion axles, stainless disc brakes, mag wheels, spare, LED lighting, basically top of the line everything and it was surprisingly affordable. They custom fitted the trailer to my boat and then kept my old trailer there and sold it for me at a good price.
The new staff at McClain are nice folks and actually go out of their way to help you. McClain is a sponsor for the TKA/SKA events here in Texas and none of the other trailer manufacturers will give the time of day, much less donate a trailer, to area events.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Instigator,

You might look at Magnum Trailers, we bought a new trailer for our Hydrasport about a month ago. It's a great trailer and pulls real good behind the truck. There customer service is great. They customer fit the trailer to the boat. There main shop is here in austin, but they have a location in San Antonio. Did those dang roads in La. beat your trailer to death.

Andy
Captains Playmate

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I was trying to stretch my trailer life a little too far since I plan to upgrade the boat soon. But, since I've been saying (and meaning it I thought) for over 2 years now things have gotten too rotten to ignore any longer.

Andy, it weren't bad roads. It was the @#$#%#$##@$ hot hypersaline water in the Lower Laguna Madre. It's like dipping your trailer in acid.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Bring it to Sportsman's and let them make the suggestions. Maybe replacement of a few things will be the ticket. You can put the boat on blocks for a little while.

·
Team Tailgunner
95 Posts
TechSun Trailer

I don't think you can go wrong with a TechSun Trailer. This trailer is what used to be Aluminator. Notice in the pic the whole hub assembley that the spare mounts to just in case you forget to grease or overload your trailer you could change out the hub on the side of the road fairly easily. They are located in Seabrook on Nasa Parkway. http://www.techsuntrailers.com/

THE JAMMER said:
Sorry but I can't recommend McLain. I've had two of theirs- one on my pathfinder, and one on my scout. A broken axle on each of them, and one busted main gear at the crank. They were a bit snotty to deal with also. They really made me feel like they were doing me a favor to fix their darn trailer.

I've been extremely happy with my Texsun trailer.

THE JAMMER

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts