2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a friend whos gonna leave up here around brenhan this evening to stay with a friend in texas city, is highway 6 thru hitchcock -bayou vista open, to go that way and also hows the traffic if he was to go 45 south from houston to tx city exit? thanks

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
They were turning non-residents of Bayou Vista away on Highway 6 just east of Hitchcock on Friday. I do not know if they have opened the road up since then, but seriously doubt it. There is a lot of cleanup work going on along the feeder along that stretch of I-45. The best thing to do is call Hitchcock or just go out to I-45 at FM-519. That's the way I went Friday and it was pretty easy. Shouldn't expect too much of a slowdown at the causeway, either.

GY

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i just called bv police and a lady told me there was no problem getting thru hwy. 6 to tx city, said the traffic was up on 45 , she said they lifted that checkpoint the other day,,, im sure the still have a check to get into bv itself ,,, she said looking out the window there at the building she was in she could see the traffic sitting on 45 s, but couldnt see how far it goes

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
Galveston Yankee said:
They were turning non-residents of Bayou Vista away on Highway 6 just east of Hitchcock on Friday. I do not know if they have opened the road up since then, but seriously doubt it. There is a lot of cleanup work going on along the feeder along that stretch of I-45. The best thing to do is call Hitchcock or just go out to I-45 at FM-519. That's the way I went Friday and it was pretty easy. Shouldn't expect too much of a slowdown at the causeway, either.

GY
As of yesterday this was still the case. From Hwy 6 you can take 1764 in Santa Fe around underneath I45, and take Palmer Hwy into Texas City.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea brain freeze, i forgot bout that, thanks
txranger said:
As of yesterday this was still the case. From Hwy 6 you can take 1764 in Santa Fe around underneath I45, and take Palmer Hwy into Texas City.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts