2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Aug.2001 while entering Big D from the south ,a deputy was kind enough to remind me that going 82 in a 60 mph zone was not good. I wrote J P Cleo Steele a note pleading "not guilty" within 10 days. Now 3 years later,I get a notice for a trial. Is'nt this a little late for a speedy trial . I also got in the mail,on the same day, An ad from a lawyer offering to defend tickets for $30. He also included a $5 off coupon ,what a guy. I know I took all of the bait out of the boat,but I still smell fish.Whats going on here? Any Ideas out there?

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
take it to court - you'll almost be guaranteed a win. You think that cop is going to remember one ticket three years ago?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ticket

........that's assuming the officer even bothers to show up to court for a 3 year old ticket. If not, you win.....dismissed......

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
I went to court one time for a ticket that was like 4 years old. I talked to the cop before the hearing and he had no clue who I was. total stranger, he was playing with my boy who was like 1.5-2 at the time. Wierd thing is, I remembered him. Well we got up to the stand and he said he remembered who I was, yeah right he had even asked why I was here when I was talking with him before. Anyhow, after he said he remembered who I was he went on to state that he had no clue of the circumstances that I got the ticket for. On the way out he told me to spend the $200 on my boy. Now dont get me wrong, that was cool of him BUT, if I had not had my son with me, he would have gone on and I would have ended up paying the ticket. I did however call him on his BS on the way out of the courtroom as well as thanked him for his little white lie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts