2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new battery in keyless, Car unlocks and everything works just wont start.........Anyone know what we can do???????

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Situation may be covered in owners manual?

Go on line and look for Toyota Forum (Board) and see if you can find solution....

Disconnect main battery for couple minutes and then hook back up to possibly reset the puter somehow...

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I found the problem. The mats were from the POS chevy made in the us by the UNION. I threw them out now it works unlike the UNION LOL

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
"Have you checked the air in the tires lately, man?"

"I know y'all ain't got a watch cuz if ya had a watch, y'know it'd be night-time. And night-time ain't no time to be in this here neighborhood, so how 'bout it?"

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The air may be it.... it to 7 union guys makin 60 bucks an hour with 6, 30 minute breaks to pump one tire up. I'm glad the union did it so no one got ripped off not the maker or the consumer LOL

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
OK here is serious advice. I have a keyless Nissan and read the trouble shooting manual. Are all of your doors securely closed? I know if my rear door is ajar. It will not crank.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
usually there is a memory for the code in it so if it s without power it still has the code to send to start it. But it sounds like the code is wiped, unfortunately that might require a tow to the deal to reprogram it. Or possibly the replacement battery doesn't have enough juice in it to send the start signal? Isnt there a slot in the dash for you to put the remote in in case the battery is dead? I know nissan has that and it will start the car even if the battery in the remote is dead.

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everything checked out glad Toyota lease took care of it free. waiting on free replacement ride while they fix. I may not have stole the car from the dealer but they take care of me ;)

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
Everything checked out glad Toyota lease took care of it free. waiting on free replacement ride while they fix. I may not have stole the car from the dealer but they take care of me ;)
That's pretty cool. When I leased a Nissan, they offered nothing like that.

That has been some time back, they may offer it now.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Did you tell them the truth? that you dropped the remote in your beer cup when you hit a pothole?

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use to but the dealers left me hangin when they fell apart. Just got another ride from the dealer and a tow did not cost a dime. Drive Yotas the union has not ruined the company.

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like it when someone say buy OBAMICAN LOL all the clothes they wear, fishing gear....etc was made here in the O.S. ............They must be in lala land or they fish naked

1 - 17 of 17 Posts