2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few days we will be heading to POC for the 7th Annual Toy Run. This year we are a bit short on toys due to the economy and that same economy has made the need even greater but I just have to say that we are so blessed by the people on this forum. All of you who have helped us put it together, the elves who handle the logistics and pickup the toys, the people who bid so generously for the auction, the ones who donated such great items for the auction and the ones who have stepped up in the past few days to provide additional money for toys. It is just beyond my capacity to say how much we appreciate what you have all done.

As I have mentioned before...these kids we give the gifts to will never know who you are. They will think that Santa Claus or their group home director or the church gave them their gifts. In some cases they will think that their parents gave them these gifts. They will never know it was you, the kind-hearted people of 2Cool. We are happy it is this way. We want these children to know that they are not the ones responsible for the conditions they live in. We want them to experience at least one great day in their young lives each year. You made this happen!

If you have even a teeny-tiny bit more you can spare for this great and wonderful cause please let us know. We will come to you for even one single toy and I guarantee we will be so grateful for it. For those of you who may have their own set of issues this year we invite you to let one of us know. We are doing our best to make the toys go a long way this year and will gladly provide whatever assistance we can for the 2Cool families.

Thank you and God Bles you all.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Jerry,
I want to thank you and the guys for allowing me to become one of the Angels. I so much enjoyed helping out and being part of something so heart felt.
Diana & I talked about it all the way home and we have decided that starting now, with each paycheck we get, we are going to buy one toy each from now until the run next year. By doing this, it will generate so many more toys than what we brought to the toy run this year
I would like to challenge each and everyone to do the same. You will not believe the difference it will make. It doesn't seem like much now, but this time next year you will be surprised at the amount of toys you have gotten together. Plus, finacially, it won't seem so bad.
Thanks again Jerry for being "The Big Angel". You da man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts