2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today we have 31 2coolers who have indicated they'll be taking boats down to POC for this year's Toy Run. If I have left any boats off of the list please post up here, or pm me. Also, I need an estimated headcount for both lunch and dinner that Saturday. Everyone is on their own for lunch, but for those wanting a sit-down full service lunch we recommend the Waterfront Resturant at Matagorda Harbor which opens at 11:30am. Saturday night's dinner will be at Hurricane Junction and we need to know an estimated total headcount on boat captains and crew who will be joining us after the boat parade for dinner and the after-party. Our dinner plan most likely will be a seafood buffet and we'll be posting up a per person price and details as soon as we can get an estimated headcount. Captains, as soon as you can reasonably do so, please email your estimated headcounts for both lunch and dinner to me at [email protected].

Slightly Dangerous
Cajun Bob
Captfry
Calmday
Phillimj
Rookie06
Double Down
Rambunctious
Lordbater
Buzzard Bill
Cat-O-Lies
Reel-Habilitation
Shredded Evidence
KmaryP
Texas Offshore.com
Unleashed
Team Marsh
Tripp'n
Hotrod
Gofishin2000
Reel Lax
Poncho-N-Lefty
KSCTP00
Speckle-Catcher (on his jet-ski)
Angler Without A Dangler
AJL
Mr_Clean
Kyles Kenner
ssteel069
ccbluewater
angler without a dangler

p.s. - I will have a detailed info sheet for all boat captains by the end of this week. As Jerry posted earlier, we will need your help to make sure everyone launches on time and gets to Matagorda Harbor on time in order to take advantage of the short window (12:30pm - 1:30pm) when the construction crew will let us through the locks. More info to come.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Left One Off

I almost left out Jimmy Hall and his wife, who will be joining us this year. Jimmy's call name is "Izforeel" and he'll be running down the ICW in his Ranger 250C with twin 225 Suzuki's. Welcome to the Toy Run Jimmy.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
You think the Matty harbor resturant will be able to cater to all of us and we all still make the locks deadline?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They Are Prepared

You think the Matty harbor resturant will be able to cater to all of us and we all still make the locks deadline?
Hotrod - good point. I've spoken with their manager about the turn-around time and he believes they can handle it. He might also open a little early, around 11am, if we give him an estimate of people that is larger than usual. I know that during the summer they are really busy and sometimes service is a little slow, but this time of year their lunch crowd is pretty small.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Yea, was actually there for lunch this past Sunday around 12:30 and there was only 3 other people in there! And one lady was one of the guides wife!!

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
Updated list:

Slightly Dangerous
Cajun Bob
Captfry
Calmday
Phillimj
Rookie06
Double Down
Rambunctious
Lordbater
Buzzard Bill
Cat-O-Lies
Reel-Habilitation
Shredded Evidence
KmaryP
Texas Offshore.com
Unleashed
Team Marsh
Tripp'n
Hotrod
Gofishin2000
Reel Lax
Poncho-N-Lefty
KSCTP00
Speckle-Catcher (on his jet-ski)
Angler Without A Dangler
AJL
Mr_Clean
Kyles Kenner
ssteel069
ccbluewater
angler without a dangler
Big Will
Izforeel

Come on guys and gals. This toy run is the most fun you can have at Christmas time. Join us and you'll see what everyone is talking about.

·
Kamikaze
4,553 Posts
I'd really like to see all of these boats go this year! It would be a record.

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
This is another reminder that this year we will depart Bridge Bait in Freeport at 0900 rather than 1000. With the issue of the locks at Matty only being open for a limited time we have to make sure everyone is there on time. Please pass this around to anyone on the list that you know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trip Time Estimates

What time would that mean a hook-up in Sargent?
If we leave Freeport at 9am we will be passing through Sargent no later than 10am. Matagorda Harbor is approximately 30-32 miles from Freeport so a 9am departure from Freeport should put us in Matagorda no later than 11am. Like Jerry said, the Corps of Engineers repair project on the locks at Matagorda will require that all boats go through the locks between 1-1:30pm. They might be able extend that by 30 minutes or so, but we can't guarantee you'll get through the locks if you get there after 1:30pm. If we stay on schedule we should arrive in POC around 3:30pm. I have discussed this with the lock operators and OCCI, the contractor doing the repairs, and they will give us a status update the week before the Toy Run, and we will adjust as necessary to make sure everyone gets through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts