2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the rules for fishing out of grand isle or vienice la?Do you have to have an la lic.for passed 9 miles?

·
Salty Dawg
7,695 Posts
You can get a short term out of state lic for (I think) 17 bucks a day. You can do it over the phone but I dont know the number.

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
If you are going with a L.A. Captain, call them and get their captain's info. and it will save you a few $.

If you are doing it on your own and plan to fish several times throughout the year, go for the year long but, be aware that it is not from the date you purchase it. I think the expiration date is June 30th. The cost depending on what all you get is around $90.00, I think. The phone deal is very easy and you can just call on your drive over. By the time you stop and get a few done at a store it will eat up an hour of your valuable sleep or fishing time. I think the phone deal is 24/7. We usually just call them and pass the phone around the truck. Oh yeah, Venice Marina has them but it can be a real cluster trying to get it done in the morning when everyone is waiting on you.

The fog in the river can be a real challenge at times. There is also plenty of bad stuff to run into if you are not careful. "The Jump" can be very busy with all sorts of traffic. Hope that helps. Have fun, and be safe.

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
Come to think of it, I think Venice Marina quite doing licenses. Now I think they just give you the number to call.

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
here's a really wild idea...................

why not check with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries?.............. they don't bite

they got a realy good website too with all sorts o'information pertaining to their "rules" (as-you-call'em)

:mpd:

who'dda thunk?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.............

·
Team Hi-Rev
1,721 Posts
If you're gonna go more than once between now and June 30th, it's worth getting the year long. I'm assuming if you're trailering to Venice, you will be fishing more than one day and a one day license is $17.50.

·
Registered
562 Posts
We went to GI this summer and got 3 licenses over the internet and one over the phone, both were very easy. Good luck, we had a blast and plan on making it an annual trip.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just before Venice marina, on hwy 23 at mile marker 6, is the fill-a-sack on the right. They sell licenses. No other place down here. Wal-Mart or Acadamy and most sporting goods places carry them also.

You can call 1-888-765-2602 and get the license over the phone. It takes a little time but is very easy.

Good luck fishing and stay safe out there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You've been given almost all of your options here including the toll free number. If you are going to wait until you get there, all of the marinas on Grand Isle sell licenses. The two most popular - Bridgeside 985-787-2419 and Sand Dollar 95-787-2500.

A little more info for you if you are going to be towing here. 1) I traveled I-10 yesterday toward Texas and the State Police were like locust so be careful. They are getting creative by hiding one on an overpass and having several waiting for you down the road. 2) If you are coming to Grand Isle, you have to deal with the new toll bridge at Leeville (no way around it). It is a fully automated toll bridge, you can go to www.geauxpass.com and purchase your pass ahead of time or you will have to stop at one of the kiosk locations and purchase your pass just like getting money from an ATM. 3 & 4) Just before the toll bridge, on Hwy 3235, the pavement will turn from asphalt to concrete, when it does you have entered the community of Golden Meadow, LA. The speed limit drops to 50 MPH and they have no sense of humor about it. When you approach the second post office on this 4 lane road, there is a repaired buckle in the road, slow down its one hell of a hump other than that the roads are good unlike Hwy 23 along the river. When you are approaching Grand Isle, there is a 25 MPH speed limit just before the Grand Isle Bridge, they don't mean 30.

If you make up your mind that you are coming to Grand Isle shoot me an email and I will go over some short cuts for you that will trim some good time off of your trip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts