2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I've had the best luck with the frenzy poppers, especially the glow in the dark one. You can fish it fast on top or let it sink...I also like tuna unters but haven't gotten a chance to try the new tuna hunter jr's yet.

·
fish control my brain
7,705 Posts
Frenzy angry Poppers will catch the smaller ones

but if you invest time and stick with the larger Tuna poppers

You will catch larger fish.
Quality over quantity

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I like the Yo-zuri Surface Bull GT's as well as the Tuna Hunters. I don't have a particular favorite color... maybe someone else can chime in with that.

·
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '92
1,042 Posts
I bought these for the surf and I am going to try them. They are out of california and fairly reasonable. I had two in my bag this weekend but never tied one on.....I was going for quantity not quality....ha

After several years of guiding anglers in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Jeff Klassen came up with a better mousetrap for exciting top-water fishing. The Klassic Popper from Jeff Klassen Sport Fishing may lack the fancy finish of high-end production lures, but its noisy action and soft-vinyl-over-wood construction draw strikes. Species such as striped bass, bluefish, trevally, roosterfish, barramundi, cubera snapper and even grouper have demonstrated violent approval of this lure's effectiveness. Klassen produces the Klassic Popper in six colors and two different sizes. The 1.5-ounce model retails for $7.95, and the 2.5-ounce version retails for $8.95. For more information, contact Jeff Klassen Sport Fishing, PO Box 11566, Olympia, WA

·
Registered
324 Posts
One thing to keep in mind that sets the Tuna Hunters apart is the weight. They are 5 ounces vs 3.5 ounces or less for the other brands. The extra weight allows for longer casts, especially when matched to the proper Sea Magic rod.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
The tuna hunters is all i have used and they seem to work. If the tuna are on top of the water feeding then color normaly doesn't make a difference.
Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. I just really have a hard time with throwing a lure that costs more than $20.00. But, I guess we spend a whole lot more just to get out to fish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts