2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need to do some topwater maintenance. What are the size and brand of hooks you use for replacement for the following:

Skitterwalk
Skitterwalk Jr.
She Dog
He Dog
Super Spook Jr.

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
yup

Cone cuts on them all.

#2 on the big topwaters and #4 on the smaller ones. A bit pricey but they last much longer. I also found using some stuff called The Works will get all the rust stains of the topwaters too. Once the hooks are off spray em with that stuff and the wipe it off. Squeeky clean and ready for service. Carefull on the she dogs though, it seems to wipe the chrome off too. :rolleyes:

Z

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
Split rings

Since we're on a closely related subject.
Pay attention if getting split rings.

There will be a bunch at academy, but look where the size is doubled up on stock. There will be the same size but heavy duty. Use those.

·
3,776 Posts
VMC's

oh, BTW

It' VMC cone cuts but you want the SW style.
I just got the p/n 7650PS for #4's
There is a difference. They will have a little Salt water orange sticker on them.

And buy the big box of 25.
They don't go bad. LOL

Hope it helps someone.

Keep the dirty out of your toes.

·
3,776 Posts
Nah,

He just fell out of the boat and couldn't get back in!!!

Or we threw the beer over and he said don't come until you have more.

Or

.....Back away from the keyboard.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Our favorite national chain

Wally World carries it. I havent seen it any where else but Im sure someone does. We just end up in Wally World once a week whether we like it or not so thats where I always get it. Also if your in good standing at home running them through a cycle in the dishwasher makes em sparkle too. I always do that when I get back from Baffin or somewhere down south where the salinity is so high. Even the ones in my tackle box that dont even come out seem to rust after a trip down there so I do the whole tackle bag at one time. One run through there with a load of cascade and they sparkle once again.

Zac

1 - 20 of 26 Posts