2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding a tower with top drive to my 16' shoalwater cat. I have searched around but not finding much. Can you guys that have one please post some pics so I can have some ideas. I think I'm gonna keep my center console and regular controls. I'm near corpus if anyone wants to recommend anyone in the area. Thanks guys.

·
24' Shallow Sport / Yamaha 250 SHO TRP
510 Posts
The first pic is my boat and I love it. It was done by coastline marine in Seabrook. The other pictures are some really cool topdrives that are made by a company out of Florida called Quality T-Tops. Should get you started. The options are limitless. I really like the casting platform option that mine has off the back.

Attachments

·
Perch Slayer - Bambi Killer
714 Posts
For a small boat like yours, I would look at the small tower boeker was building for the 16' majek texas skiffs. I think the size is proportional to the size of the boat. There is a picture of a majek texas skiff with the tower on the Houston craigslist right now. I had priced it with boeker and the cost was reasonable.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen that majek. I like it. I think I wanna keep my console and build over it. Wanna keep it simple like this one. Thanks for the responses. Keep em coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
quack quack BOOM
1,525 Posts
Call gene at shoalwater. Their aluminum guy does great work. I run a buddies 23 shoalwater with a tower. Send me your email or #and I can send you pics

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
I'm thinking about adding a tower with top drive to my 16' shoalwater cat. I have searched around but not finding much. Can you guys that have one please post some pics so I can have some ideas. I think I'm gonna keep my center console and regular controls. I'm near corpus if anyone wants to recommend anyone in the area. Thanks guys.
16' is not a lot of boat to play with, top-drives really throw off your center of gravity.

might take a 6' folding ladder out in the water w you and stand on it and rock around, it will give you a feel for how the hull is going to react.

extra binnacle and steering prob. at least another $1500 plus the cost of the tower and rigging and cables.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts