2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its not very often me and the wife get to fish together --and its very special when we do--they were not biting so well --but the scenery was great--blue herons white egrets--buzzards--lol---here are a couple of picks:dance: of the fish we did catch--we could not get the camera to work correctly before i had to throw them back---they were a couple of 1 pound bass--one florida--one texas--and about a 3 pounder--florida--we were fishin the big cypress river above the lake of the pines --above the rock dam--there was a big pine that had fallen across the river --u can just make it around--and the secret hole was blocked with large limbs but i had brought my limb clippers--we had fun--and after 17 years of blissful marriage--i love to spend time with her i just wish it was more--and wow im like a lil kid i love to hold her hand:dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
That lake is what gave me my love of fishing.My Dads family was all over east Texas and I grew up fishing there and other lakes I wish I could remember the names of. They are all gone now (family) and I miss the Piney woods, thanks for the memories. Also have to say I enjoy all your post,such a proud dad and loving husband.
Cindy

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx

maybe ull get to come to east texas again and fish lonstar lake---- lake murvall lake palistine-- perky power plant--martin creek power plant-- lake ray hubbard lake gladewater-- lake hawkins--lake cherokee(private)-sabine river-- lake fork--new lake caled lake gilmer--caddo lake--sam rayburn---tawakani--toledo bend--lake athens--bob sandlin--i hope these jog ur memory and bring back more memories--these are a few in the east texas area:flag: ps i see ur from dickenson--my father and i used to shrim and fish dickenson bayou in the 80's i miss him very much:flag:

cfish said:
That lake is what gave me my love of fishing.My Dads family was all over east Texas and I grew up fishing there and other lakes I wish I could remember the names of. They are all gone now (family) and I miss the Piney woods, thanks for the memories. Also have to say I enjoy all your post,such a proud dad and loving husband.
Cindy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks !!! Caddo, a lot at caddo,loved that place.Sam rayburn,and tawakani and bob sandlin sound familiar also. Marshall was home base,granddad was postmaster there,Tyler, Lufkin, Longview- been thinking all day about those years. And I know how you feel,my dads been gone 4 years, I was the only girl and feel lucky they never treated me different than the boys,good to see yours out there fishin also.
Cindy

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
she recently

she used to want to fish and hunt with me all the time but now she is in 6th grade and she is too cool and dad is not cool she helped me at 9 feild ress a hog she got right in the thick of it--she used to fish with me to :(

cfish said:
Thanks !!! Caddo, a lot at caddo,loved that place.Sam rayburn,and tawakani and bob sandlin sound familiar also. Marshall was home base,granddad was postmaster there,Tyler, Lufkin, Longview- been thinking all day about those years. And I know how you feel,my dads been gone 4 years, I was the only girl and feel lucky they never treated me different than the boys,good to see yours out there fishin also.
Cindy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts