2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a 15 hp Tohatsu 4-stroke outboard. Always had OMC in the past but the Tohatsu price is right.

Can anyone who has "lived" with this motor share some first hand knowledge on the reliability, quality, features, etc. of Tohatsu motors?

·
Done Wit Dat
7,535 Posts
My dad and I were always Evinrude men. In 1991 he got a SWEET deal on a little 8 horse Nissan (Same as Tohatsu) to replace our Evinrude 4.5 kicker. Here we are in '06 and it is now the kicker on my boat. It has taken a BEATING in the La. marsh and it is still so reliable, I would stake my life on it. I've also owned a 2.5 and a 3.5 horse. They were all 2 stroke and they were all great. I have no experience with 4 strokes, but they have a spectacular reputation in my view. - Coach

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I had a 25 on my carolina skiff.. Never once had an issue with it in 4 years.....

Great Motor.

We also have one at work.. It has been in use on our boatright boat for the last 7 years.. It doesnt even get flushed at all.. Still running like a top... That motor has taken a hardcore BEATING at our facility.

As i recall, Tahotsu is the oldest outboard dealer... Just now really getting into the US Market.. Thats all they use in the south pacific

Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts