2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KERRVILLE, Texas -- A Kerrville woman is in jail, accused of abusing the 9-1-1 emergency system.

Kerrville police say Elsa Benson was drunk when they arrested her Friday for calling 9-1-1 with yet another non-emergency call. Investigators say when they arrived at Benson's house, she was complaining her husband wouldn't eat his dinner.

Police say Benson has a long history of abusing 9-1-1 and public intoxication. She is now in jail. Her bond has been set at $1,000 bond.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
you obviously fail to understand the concept of a Darwin Award

file this arrest under "stupid human tricks"...not Darwin Award.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
There's a difference?
a Darwin award is thusly named because the recipient improves the human genepool by removing his or her self from it.

so, a potential recipient would have to die or become sterilized to be eligible. I guess you could say that a really stupid crook that ended up in prison for life could be eligible...but that's a technicality.

so, Suzi Q. Drunk***** going to jail with $1000 bond to get out is NOT any of the above...therefore, not eligible for a Darwin Award.

We might see her on "Cops" eventually...so maybe she can garner an Emmy nod.

:D

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
there was something in the houston paper the other day about a lady that called 911 because she couldn't get her son to quit playing video games and go to bed.

the cops actually showed up and convinced the boy to go to bed.

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
I once responded to a 911 call in which the caller was po'd because his gay lover wouldn't come inside so they could have sex. I took loverboy gray bar hotel where he might strike up new relationships.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Yes, we had one when I worked at HPD. I got with the Sgt one day and told him that was it!! In the previous 30 days she had called 911 (not counting fire dept calls) 78 times. She went to jail. I told the transporting officer to be sure and tell the jail not to let her use the phone more than her one call!! duh!! This woman would call in that her husband was shooting at police (she had no husband) fights in progess, somebody breaking into her home. All high priority calls (lights/siren required calls) The need to arrest more people..errrrrrrrrr

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I once responded to a 911 call in which the caller was po'd because his gay lover wouldn't come inside so they could have sex. I took loverboy gray bar hotel where he might strike up new relationships.
So you took a gay dude to a hotel. Did y'all get the homomoon suite? HAHAHAHHAHA

·
Registered
836 Posts
Here is a Darwin Award...

(31 July 2009, South Carolina) Two disguised men entered a Sprint store on Sparkleberry Lane, pulled out guns, and stole wallets, purses, and credit cards from employees before ordering them into a bathroom. Both men fled, but they could not flee from their own stupidity. 23-year-old James T. had disguised himself by painting his face gold. Yes, in order to conceal his identity during the robbery, James had covered his skin with spray paint. If this isn't a Darwin Award, what is? Paints are clearly labelled, do not get on skin, do not get in eyes, do not inhale. Paint fumes are well-known to be toxic, and the metallic colors are particularly noxious. James began having trouble breathing (surprise!) and died wheezing shortly after the robbery took place.
To add insult to injury, the disguise was ineffective. Witnesses were certain as to the identity of their assailant. Had he lived, James, like his surviving accomplice, would have been charged with armed robbery.

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
Why, with the shape our country is today am I not surprised these people are allowed to breed. :spineyes:

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
27 October 2009, Arkansas) Thirty-year-old Devan LeAnn of Shongaloo, Louisiana, was visiting Lake Ehrling with a male friend. Recent bouts of heavy rain had resulted in a flood of runoff water, and they decided "it would be fun" to take a mattress careening down the surging water in the spillway.

Unfortunately Leann was riding a foam egg-crate style mattress pad, rather than a buoyant air mattress. Imagine a wet foam pad. Are you sinking yet? According to her friend, Devan LeAnn simply vanished from sight at dusk. The next morning her body was found in a tangle of trees 70 yards below the spillway. Parents, warn your children! Wetting the bed can be deadly.

Absolute craziness!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts