2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks Great For a Deep Run Friday

FZUS54 KBRO 290900CWFBROCOASTAL WATERS FORECASTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BROWNSVILLE TX430 AM CDT WED SEP 29 2004LOWER TEXAS COASTAL WATERS FROM BAFFIN BAY TO THE MOUTH OF THE RIOGRANDE RIVER OUT TO 60 NAUTICAL MILES.IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEASTFOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITORSUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINEWEATHER INFORMATION.GMZ170-175-291530-WATERS FROM BAFFIN BAY TO PORT MANSFIELD EXTENDING FROM 20 TO 60 NM-WATERS FROM PORT MANSFIELD TO RIO GRANDE EXTENDING FROM 20 TO 60 NM-430 AM CDT WED SEP 29 2004TODAYNORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT.TONIGHTEAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT.THURSDAYEAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT.THURSDAY NIGHTSOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.FRIDAYEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.SATURDAYNORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT BUILDING TO 2TO 4 FEET. SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.SUNDAYNORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET BUILDING TO 5TO 7 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. SLIGHT CHANCE OFTHUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
my boat partners are out there fishing at this time. i couldn't make the window due to having to actually work on thursday night and friday morning. i am planning on a trip for the following weekend weather permitting. they are going to try for tuna at the floaters and i hope they have a great trip and no problems....rick

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
my buddy Casey went out yesterday and absolutely annhilated them. 12 blackfin tuna (he said they lost about 15 to some really big sharks) limit of ajs, most of which were 50+ with one going 87, limit of snapper to 17 lbs, two ling, limits of kings to 20 lbs, and they lost a 45-50 lb wahoo at the boat. I, of course, was sitting in the office typing on this @#$^%$ computer!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I feel your pain James. It really sucks! I hate watching the buoy slow dance at 1.0 feet on the weekdays and then watch it blow on the weekends. Thats why most of us get tagged "weekend warriors" by the coastal locals. They dont understand why it is easy to become "aggressive" and "agitated" while fighting the winds on the weekend. Looks like this front will be blowing in Saturday morning. Darn, I guess I will have to go duck hunting instead.

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heck I am a coatal local I am sitting in Matagorda at the plant watching everyone go by, trying to talk my partner into bailing out and making a run but no avail! Man I have only a couple of trips left this year and this would be great day for one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts