2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get some opinions on the best options for trolling motor batteries. Considering the merits of wet cell vs. the newer technologies also. I use them every 7-10 days on average and they stay on a charger between uses. Thanks in advance.

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
newbie said:
I'd like to get some opinions on the best options for trolling motor batteries. Considering the merits of wet cell vs. the newer technologies also. I use them every 7-10 days on average and they stay on a charger between uses. Thanks in advance.
Buy big and cheap cause if your like most of us, you're gona have to replace them often! LOL

Really though, I would like to hear from somebody that has used the dry cell batteries myself. TM batterys take so much abuse I've always been scarred to buy the high dollar ones. Seems no matter how good you treat them your lucky to get 2 years out of em. I don't like to leave them on charge all the time myself, seems like that shortens the life spam even further. If yo do find something magic be sure and let me know! :cheers:

·
The Duck of Death
2,247 Posts
Alright guy's this is a secret so dont tell nobody else. We have been using old UPS ( Uninterutable Power Supply ) batteries for a years . They be awsome. They are type 27 Gell cell ( make sure charger is GC o.k. and wont overcharge) . Been getting from this place in Pasadena called Battery Express. and here's the BEST part . The are $ 20 each.
Now they are used but really they probaly have only been on standby for a year or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts