2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Gillman Nissan in Rosenberg is selling 4x4 diesel XDs for $41k with a 100k mi bumper to bumper warranty! Great value

·
Registered
740 Posts
I purchased a used 4x4 Platinum Reserve '17 Titan XD diesel in October that had 12,000 miles and have been very pleased with the truck. If you need a little more towing than a 1/2 ton but not as much as a 3/4 ton, it will be a great truck. The drive and ride is great. If you need help making up your mind, check out "The Fast Lane Truck" channel on YouTube. He has a lot of real world towing and test on the Titan XD. http://www.youtube.com/user/tflcar. Do a search for the Titan XD.

My best empty mileage was 18.5 mpg. While pulling a 12' utility trailer with a Polaris Ranger crew to San Antonio and back was 11.2 mpg. I am not the person that resets the fuel mileage every tank. Currently, my truck shows around 15.5 mpg. That's around 3000 miles combination of pulling trailers and empty driving.

I can assure you that it does not and will not pull as good as the 3/4 ton diesels. My BIL has a '16 Ram 2500 diesel and pulling that same trailer and ranger to San Antonio and back he gets around 13 and it does not notice the hills. My Titan XD will kick down on hills pulling the trailer and ranger. His Ram got 19.3 on a trip from the valley coming home from a dove hunt. I flew to Tulsa and drove my Titan home. After 650 miles of driving, the mileage was 18.5 when I pulled in the driveway.

The biggest complaint with the truck is the when the emissions system goes into Regen. It will drop to 10 mpg for about 15 to 20 miles. We can thank the EPA for that. All of the current diesels Regen. The only way to get around the regens and DEF is to do a "delete". Unfortunately, it will void the warranty.

The factory goose neck and spray-in bed liner are nice factory installed options as well as the LED lights in the bed. There is a ton of room in the back seat. I think it may be more than the big 3 trucks. Hope this helps. Thanks, Steven
Good review. Thanks

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Titan Diesel

Thanks 2 cool! Picked up a Pro 4X Diesel last night from Gilman just as you said here for 41K. Sticker was 55. This thing is a beast compared to my F150. They only have a few left if anyone is looking. Ask for Mark the General Manager...Thank you Mark for the Great Deal and Great Service!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like my Titan as well. I have the tool boxes that came with the truck. I do not want to get rid of them but they are in the way of putting my tool box back in my truck. Anyone have any ideas? I was looking at getting one that would roll in the tiedown rail in the bed but I have yet to come across anything. If I cannot find a solution quick I am going to sell them.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks 2 cool! Picked up a Pro 4X Diesel last night from Gilman just as you said here for 41K. Sticker was 55. This thing is a beast compared to my F150. They only have a few left if anyone is looking. Ask for Mark the General Manager...Thank you Mark for the Great Deal and Great Service!!!!
I got the exact same truck and deal back in Dec. Got 7k miles on it now. Very happy with it

·
Banned
187 Posts
Just had my 50k mile service done. Truck has been doing great, no issues on my 2016. Be warned, at 45k Nissan calls for transmission oil change, brake fluid change and radiator flush. Pricey service trip. I have always changed my oil and filter plus fuel filters every 10k.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I like my Titan as well. I have the tool boxes that came with the truck. I do not want to get rid of them but they are in the way of putting my tool box back in my truck. Anyone have any ideas? I was looking at getting one that would roll in the tiedown rail in the bed but I have yet to come across anything. If I cannot find a solution quick I am going to sell them.
Not sure of how much room you may need in toolboxes. but check out the "swing case". It mounts in the bed behind the wheel hump and swings out to access it. Thanks, Steven

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Not sure of how much room you may need in toolboxes. but check out the "swing case". It mounts in the bed behind the wheel hump and swings out to access it. Thanks, Steven
I had those boxes too on my last truck. That space is filled by the titan box. No go for this application.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Nice Truck!

Here are a few add ons I did to mine. Thank you Allout Offroad in Richmond for the level kit and Rusty with Johnson GT for the Brush guard(He is a 2 cool Member), I get so many comments on it!
What lift did you go with? I just ordered a few parts to help the Cummins run a little better. Lift is next

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice Truck!

Here are a few add ons I did to mine. Thank you Allout Offroad in Richmond for the level kit and Rusty with Johnson GT for the Brush guard(He is a 2 cool Member), I get so many comments on it!
Does the front camera and parking sensors still work with the brush guard?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 71 Posts