2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new tires for my 08 Dodge 2500 4x4. It is not used off road, mostly used around town and pulling my boat. What is the best tire for the money and treadlife.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
im on my third set of goodyear wrangler ats! over 60k on each set and i get good traction. not loud but can get grip when needed in mud.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
Good Year Wrangler ATS... A little pricey but well worth the $$...

Watch out fot the Pro Comp tires. I had so many bad experiences i would never buy again. I kept having to take them back because they would not balance correctly. Just my .2 on the PC tires.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Best Tires

B.F. Goodrich All-Terrain KOs Best tires for the money you can buy!!!!!
50 - 60,000 miles easy. Will not puncture through the sidewall and definitely the best traction on wet boat ramps. Great on the beach also!

·
Tight Lines
1,229 Posts
I've got the General Grabber AT2s on my little Yota and they are a fantastic tire. I don't know how they'd hold up on a 3/4 ton truck but on the little Yota they are awesome. The AT2s have a lot of grip and compare them to the BFG All Terrains. But like I said, I've got them on my little Yota.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
the bfg's in my opinion are a lil louder and make the truck ride a little rougher than the goodyears ats tires....

i was going to try to bfg's until i rode in the same exact truck that i have and i couldnt stand it because they were louder and i do alot of driving! i would prolly gain a lil traction with the bfg's over the ats but i try to stay out of the mud! if you go to discount or store like it take in a printed out price from an online competitor and they will drop their price drastically.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
Also the BFG's wear faster IMO. When they wear they tend to lose traction especially in rain/wet roads. Just my expperiences.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Check out the BFG Rugged Trail TA. I got 60,000 on the first set on my 05 F250. Ford dealer has great prices on them, or did last time I checked.

·
Team Solid Action
199 Posts
get boggers, they wear greart!

jk...but seriously, dick cepek fun country 2s are pretty sweet tires for on and off road. if you rotate regularly, they could last 50-60k.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have an 07 3/4 ton dodge, ran the BFG's and got about 45,000 on them. Currently running the Pro Comp extreme all terrains. Only have 5K on them and so far so good. I'm running the 305/65/R17. Not sure you're going to find a tire for less than $150 for the 3/4 ton. I'd also reccomend load range E tires.

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,427 Posts
I have a set of Michelin LTX AT2s on my half-ton GMC that I love. They're pricey, but they seem to be wearing very slowly and provide great grip in all conditions. My dad has around 80,000 miles on his Michelins. I had a set of Bridgestone Dueller APT IIIs before the Michelins and I liked them a lot. I like my current tires a lot more, but they were also close to twice the price. Not sure what tires would be good for your 3/4 ton.

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
For long life and quiet ride, you can't beat the Michelins. Far superior to BFG's and a lot less problems with balance over time. Also great wet traction. They cost a bit more, but should go 50-60K miles on a 3/4 ton Dodge.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts