2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Tips on moving a gun safe??

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Viking48 
#1 ·
Can I do this with a few guys, a low trailer and panio dollies, or do I need a company to come out and do it???

#4 ·
another way other than panio dollies is to use gold balls under the safe. Tilt it and place several under the safe then lay several out and keep feeding them under 3-4 in a row in the direction you are pushing it in. It's amazing how easily a safe will roll across carpet this way, you just have to take it slow.

#7 ·
OUTLAW said:
another way other than panio dollies is to use gold balls under the safe. Tilt it and place several under the safe then lay several out and keep feeding them under 3-4 in a row in the direction you are pushing it in. It's amazing how easily a safe will roll across carpet this way, you just have to take it slow.
i'm really glad the other guys chimed in below .. i was scratching my head over the gold balls

#9 ·
Syncerus, my browning has 4 holes in the bottom corners. I have a rotary hammer that will drill into cement and used anchor bolts down into the slab. The only thing sticking up thru the bottom of the safe is the threads about 1/2" and tighten down the nuts and you are in business. I didn't want one of my boys accidentally pulling on the handle and having it fall over on top of them.

I used 3/8 anchor bolts.

Jim

#11 ·
I moved my Remington safe from a one story to a two story, and wanted it on the second floor in my study. The company that moved us would only move the safe in to the garage, so I hired another company to move it upstairs. After seeing how hard of a time the 4 of them had, I'm glad I didn't try to do it myself.

My recommendation....HIRE SOMEONE!!!

#13 ·
Safe moving

Heavy Duty, any stairs involved? Moving up or down stairs will present obvious risks. I used done of those services to move mine up and down the stairs as there was no other way. Let me know if you need me to look up the guy who did it. It's not cheap but his insurance gave me piece of mind incase it got loose and knocked out the front wall of my house! LOL

#14 ·
Don't know where you have it but I moved a big one ( 4 feet wide, 6 feet tall) from garage to garage three different times and had a guy with a roll back truck load and haul it. Just strapped his winch to it and rolled it up on his bed then ran the winch cable over the top and secured it before driving off. Only charged about sixty bucks if I remember correctly and well worth it. Different story if you have to move through a house or down stairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.