2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
KSAT (ABC) is going off the air on Oct.16th for TWC customers!!!

Links>http://www.ksatcommunity.com/

http://www.timewarnercable.com/corpuschristi/programming/KSAT.html

I just got locked in for a 1 or 2 year deal. However, them not giving me what is promised sure seems like a good enough reason to switch providers. This is already happening in other cities with ABC and NBC when coming up for renewal with TWC from what I understand.

Do I switch to Direct TV when this happens??????

This is ridiculous!!

Isn't there a 2cooler that works there(seen several posts before), maybe they could shed some light on this subject.

TWC and KSAT response is "you can still watch ABC over the internet"....PFFFT!!!!!!!!

·
God is great, beer is good...
507 Posts
That might be the right reason for me to make a switch to AT&T. My next door neighbor did it and has been pretty happy. Plus, I'll be able to have it at the deer lease. TWC will lose my HD cable, digital phone, and Roadrunner.

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pathfinder said:
That might be the right reason for me to make a switch to AT&T. My next door neighbor did it and has been pretty happy. Plus, I'll be able to have it at the deer lease. TWC will lose my HD cable, digital phone, and Roadrunner.
Yep. I have all 3 as well.

I knew I should have went back with DirectTV!

·
God is great, beer is good...
507 Posts
I'm paying right at $100 for all three and will be checking with ATT tomorrow on what they are offering.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
ABC?! We lost NBC on TWC in Austin last week. NBC wanted to charge TWC to broadcast a public station. It too says you can watch it online...

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out this statement:

FACT:

In May of 2000, Time Warner Cable removed 7 ABC stations from cable systems it operates. Preston Padden, the executive vice president for governmental relations at Disney, said, "They're liars and monopolists." Robert A. Iger, the president of Disney, said: "They told consumers a blatant lie in saying we pulled the plug. The last time I checked, they were responsible to local authorization for their franchises."

from one of the many facts posted here> http://www.ksatcommunity.com/

·
wishin I was fishin
1,283 Posts
It wont last long.. It happened here in corpus and the channell was only gone for a day or two before they came to an agreement..

·
For the Fish!!
4,046 Posts
"What is the current situation with KSAT?
KSAT is distributing messaging that is false. KSAT has provided us a contractual extension to carry their signal, and at this time, we have no plans to drop KSAT-TV programming.

KSAT is trying to negotiate their retransmission agreement through the public and is trying to confuse our customers and unfortunately, put them in the middle of these negotiations."

This is from the Time Warner site. They say one thing and KSAT says another.

·
Custom User Title space for rent
5,213 Posts
Why on earth is anyone still paying for TWC? Once you go to one of the non cable options such as Direct or Dish you will be kicking yourself for putting up with TWC's poor customer service. Not to mention, if you have a generator & the dish lives, you will have TV service after the next hurricane passes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pathfinder said:
Pathfinder, I work at the AT&T at The Forum, and I must say, alot of folks from Cibolo are switching to Uverse now that it's available in most of the city. If you're thinking about doing it let me know, I'd be happy to help a fellow 2cooler out and try to get you the most cash back rebates that I possibly can, just for signing up. Also, I'm not sure if you've checked out your neighbors Uverse, but I'll give you a demo of the service if you stop by the store. If you have any questions let me know.

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Check to see if Grande is in you area. I haven't heard anything about them losing KSAT. Of course I may be wrong.

Just sent an inquiry to them.

www.grandecom.com

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Been thinking about At&T also, TWC has crappy CS and they are always "glitchy" with their transmission.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I had Grande when I was in San Marcos a few years ago, great customer service and prices at the time. I would have looked at U-Verse or Grande if it was available in my area but it's not.

TWC pizzes me off but I have not found a replacement for Roadrunner...

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Response from customer service at Grande.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write into our customer service center. Please note that your ABC station will stay on with Grande. The issue is only with Time Warner.
Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you again for writing in, and have a wonderful day!!

Raul Ramirez
Austin Customer Care.
Grande Communications®

·
Registered
475 Posts
It may be that none of you care, but my brother lives in Buffalo NY, and I called him Saturday night to see if he was watching the fights. He was ****** and said no, the were showing the Rice v. Tulsa game on CBS and said it looked like it was being filmed like a high school footall game, so there is NO CBS in Buffalo, NY on Time Warner.... something about contracts....

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Looks like digital rabbit ear sales are about to go through the roof! :)

·
Football MNC: '63, '69, '70, 2005
2,829 Posts
This fight is between us (KSAT) and Time Warner only.. no other cable services are in jeopardy of losing us because a FAIR contract is in place. This battle will continue to get ugly leading up to d-day on Oct 15th. BTW, KENS will be in this same fight come January. TWC could eventually be left w/o KSAT and KENS..

Any questions let me know.

BTW.. I have UVERSE and LOVE IT. If it's available in your area, I would get it in a heartbeat..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts