2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
What does BLUE mean on the map? I think red means a severe storm, but I don't remember what blue means.

It's pretty, though. Kind of looks like an umbrella. Maybe that's a sign.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mrs Backlasher said:
What does BLUE mean on the map? I think red means a severe storm, but I don't remember what blue means.
The shades of blue are for lighter rain, Mrs B ... here's the whole scale. Looks strange sometimes... i.e. dark blue is less heavy than yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Mrs B, Blue is the lightest of the rain, questionable if it is making it to the ground. Here is the link to the home page where that radar came from and it shows all of the warnings in effect. Red doesnt necessarily mean severe, it means heavy rain. Of course when it is severe weather it usually has a lot of rain.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/hgx/

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
We picked up a inch here in New Braunfels this morning,,,,,we need more though alot more just not all at once like 02

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
2 and 1/2 inch here in Georgetown this morning with more coming later (I hope). Visited some friends in Taylor last night came home didn't put cover on Jeep when we got back. Got up to thunder and rain, ran out put cover on Jeep but too late. Just finished vacuming about 3 gallons of water out of Jeep. Also lost power from 6:45 till 10am. VERY boring couldn't work inside no power, couldn"t work outside with rain and no computer to at least check in here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts